Great DIY source for very flat xovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great DIY source for very flat xovers

These must be audiophile grade--the label says "attached acoustical pad"!! Said pad makes a nice vibration damper when mounted. They are flat as a board! That's how we get flat xovers, right?

Before you know it, Randy Messman (cheap audio man) will be marketing these as Sith Audio audiophile grade DIY xover boards with his nominal Sith Audio mark up. Or maybe you can just grab a couple free samples at your local big box store. Don't wait too long though, once Randy starts selling them there will be a shortage!

Litz coils, Cebo tweeter caps, and an SCR across the woofer. Pretty good choices!
    You build those, Marv?
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• marvin
      marvin commented
      Editing a comment
      I went with the Cebo caps on your rec. Yes, they are for the SB Micros (SB's design, not mine). Gave them their first test yesterday. Plan to take them to GR next week in rough form, may try to finish the boxes later.

I do like the stripey wires. And the very specifically placed thru-holes for the zip ties.

Comment

• marvin
      marvin commented
      Editing a comment
      The stripey wires are 18 gauge stranded and come from 15 or 30 multi-conductor control cables we often used for control in ready mix plants. Color coding is very handy.
Working...
X