Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surround speaker for the Classix series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surround speaker for the Classix series.

Hi all.

I'm trying to my first speaker in XSim. I'm trying to design a rear speaker for my Classix 2.5. The original Classix 2 is an option, but it's too big.

I'm using the same tweeter, but bought the DC130b-4 instead of the DC160.

How accurate is XSim? Can i "trust" the sim, to give me these results?
    I've modelled 0,59 in delay for the woofer. It's not accurate. I just copied someone else z-offset from similar woofer/tweeter size.

How can i fix the impedance dip, that goes below 4ohm?

Best regards,

Jens
    Attached Files

Would the Classix II work in a sealed and smaller cabinet; i.e. use the same drivers and crossover? That way, the sound would be consistent.

I suggest that because the DC130 and DC160 sound rather different, with the DC130 having a better mid-range; may not matter for your purpose. I tried using a Tritrix MTM as a centre channel; I thought it would work given the drivers are from the 'Classic' range but with my Classix it didn't really work sound-wise.

Alternatively, I'm sure a PETT member posted a crossover for the DC130 (not sure if it was the 4 or 8 ohm version) and the Vifa BC25TG used in the Classix. I suggest doing a search for that, if I can find it I'll post the link.

Xsim is accurate if you input the right (measured) data.

Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff Millar; 10-03-2022, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Try a larger coil, and smaller cap on the woofer filter, and see if that brings up the impedance a little.

Comment

This is what I was thinking about: it's for a centre channel, but might be adaptable for two ways:

https://techtalk.parts-express.com/f...assix-ii/page2

Geoff
        Last edited by Geoff Millar; 10-02-2022, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your answers, and your search for the previous post.
          It looks to me, like a sealed version of the classix 2 is the way to go.

Maybe that'll be my winter project :-)

Thanks again

Jens

Comment

I'm assuming you'll need to keep the baffle width and driver layout the same?

Worth asking the question here as to whether someone has built them sealed.

Geoff

Comment

Working...
            X