DA135 mtm mltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA135 mtm mltl

Over 10 years ago when I moved, I boxed up some da135 speakers. I just unboxed them I found them to be fine shape. I am seeking a mtm mltl design for them. I searched everywhere I found TaLus tower by Pete Myers and Paul K.. I am seeking the inside dimensions of the enclosure.

The ML-TL I designed for Pete Myers in 2006 was not an MTM. It was an MT that used two Seas drivers. The Talus is someone else's design (who's I can't recall just now).
    Paul

Comment

Years ago, Parts Express sold an MTM kit with the DA135 and DC28F, maybe the details are around somewhere?

It was a vented design, not a TL/MLTL but maybe you could adapt it.

Geoff

Comment

The DA135 are nice drivers. I don't see them used very often however...

Comment

Here's a link to two projects, might give you some ideas. The speakers in the first post look about the same size as the Tritrix, not sure how well or otherwise that would work if that's indeed the case, as the specs of the DA135 and DC130B are rather different.

https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/...n_line_towers/

https://techtalk.parts-express.com/f...135-silkie-mtm

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post
            Over 10 years ago when I moved, I boxed up some da135 speakers. I just unboxed them I found them to be fine shape. I am seeking a mtm mltl design for them. I searched everywhere I found TaLus tower by Pete Myers and Paul K.. I am seeking the inside dimensions of the enclosure.
            I've done some digging in old emails and it appears I did do an ML-TL model in 2007 for Pete called the Talus that used the DA135 drivers. I will research my hard-copy files and get back to you with cabinet dimensions.
            Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul, I would really appreciate it. You helped me a few years ago with a 10" sub -TL that really enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by alexb View Post
                Thanks Paul, I would really appreciate it. You helped me a few years ago with a 10" sub -TL that really enjoyed.
                I modeled the MTM Talus ML-TL in a cabinet with internal dimensions of 5.5"W x 43"H x 9"D. The tweeter's center was located 9" below the internal top. The port's center was located 1.5" above the internal bottom. The port's diameter was 2.5" and its length 3". The top half of the cabinet was filled with polyester fiber at a density of 1 pound per cubic foot, requiring 9-10 ounces total of fiber. I did the original modeling using the T/S values from Zaph Audio which may or may not be completely representative of your DA135 drivers or their published specs. Hope this helps.
                Paul

Comment

I re-visited my Talus modeling using Zaph's T/S measurements and there are a couple of changes I recommend. Keep the port diameter at 2.5" but increase its length to 5.0", and move the port's center to 3.25" above the internal bottom of the cabinet. The system tuning frequency is ~36 Hz. A 10-watt input is about all this pair of DA135s can take with their Xmax of only 3 mm, but the SPL output will only be about 93 dB after BSC with this input. F3 models at about 33 Hz. Due to the highish Qts there's a rise in the SPL between 50 Hz and 170 Hz that hits a +2 dB peak at 70 Hz, but that will help mitigate the urge to push the drivers too hard.
                  Paul

Comment

I looked at my measurements and they similar to Zaph's. Quick turnaround on a project I intend to accomplish over the winter. Thanks again, lightning speed recovery of design. I let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,
                    Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X