NEW GRS 10SW-4HE 10" High Excursion Subwoofer 4 Ohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 8" still models fantastically.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
      The 8" still models fantastically.
      I've been modeling many drivers the last couple of days. I almost bought the 12" today, but missed the sale, so I held off. I have a situation of sorts. In my living room, there's two locations where a sub works well. One is in direct view behind the front right main speaker. I want a small box for cosmetic reasons. I have an AVR that has power for the sub built in. It's uncertain how much clean power is available, but I figure enough if I have the right sub. I was leaning toward sealed, but ported, and a larger box gets more output for the same power. Assuming I have 100w into 4 ohms, do you think that's enough (with the 12 ), for an action movie. This models to about 100dB if ported, but only 95dB if sealed. These are approximate numbers. If I get that spl at the seats, I'll be satisfied.

The more drivers I modeled, the more a trend became obvious. (Hoffmans Law I think.) Several woofer sims with over 9 cu-ft produce great spl with only 25w! I have a 7 cu-ft sub that is normally used in another room. It sounds good in the living room, if located as mentioned, but horrible in other spots. I have a sealed RS270p in 1 cu-ft box that sounds very good with music, but I bottomed it out playing a movie recently. I believe that a low Q sealed roll off with the 12 will sound good, but I question having enough power.

Was there a question in there? Oh, have you tried plugging the port(s), and comparing? Comments on how much power is needed?

Comment

Model with new specs. More output at 40hz, and less at 20hz. Note....60hz low-pass makes f3 lower than specs would suggest. A 19hz high-pass filter rolls off a little of the bottom end.

Click image for larger version  Name:	grs10 revised 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	233.4 KB ID:	1493253
        Last edited by rpb; 11-29-2022, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Bigger box with new specs. Note the lower power.

Click image for larger version  Name:	grs10 revised  big box.jpg Views:	0 Size:	232.9 KB ID:	1493255

Comment

Excursion is just reaching x-max in each sim.

Click image for larger version  Name:	grs10 revised sealed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	224.3 KB ID:	1493257 Click image for larger version  Name:	grs10 revised low q.jpg Views:	0 Size:	225.5 KB ID:	1493258 Click image for larger version  Name:	grs10 revised small sealed box.jpg Views:	0 Size:	221.3 KB ID:	1493259 More with revised specs.

Comment

Working...
            X