Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audax HT240G0 10" Coated Paper Woofer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audax HT240G0 10" Coated Paper Woofer???

Does anyone have any feedback on this audax woofer? Looking to build a new design idea I have and was wondering what these drivers are like. They look best in a closed box about 1.1 cu ft accrding to bass box or vented at 3.4 cu ft

Re: Audax HT240G0 10" Coated Paper Woofer???

That thing is a beast!
    Strange specs. would that work best in an infinite baffle or open baffle?
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=296-138

Comment

That would make a decent automotive subwoofer, especially for smaller vehicles. One cubic foot yields an F3 of ~58 Hz. Decent Xmax and sensitivity. Really decent price.
      Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Or two cubic feet tuned to 40 Hz yields an F3 of ~35 Hz (with a nice, gentle slope from a 2.5db ripple centered at ~73 Hz. I bet that would make a killer automotive sub with a 25 hz high pass and 80 Hz low pass.
        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Could it somehow be used an a 4 ohm automotive 2-way?

Comment

Very good sensitivity, I say. Decent x-max, if not tuned too low.

If you want 40 - 50 Hz LOUD, then some of these woofers look to be quite nice?

How about using them in bass bins, some sort of 3-way. Their certainly not "small box" subs - unless you equalize and have plenty of power.

In a big sealed box, they're efficient enough to yield some nicely efficient speakers with BSC? I have a pair of their 12" big brothers. I talked to somebody at the PE Tent Sale last year and he had a pair of these 10" woofers and he was really impressed with the bass they put out.

Originally posted by nordhaven View Post
            Could it somehow be used an a 4 ohm automotive 2-way?
            Two way? I'm not sure - but - I really don't think they'd play smooth high enough to matchup with a tweeter... Is there some reason you can't do a three way? You wouldn't want to try to put these beasts in your doors, anyway!

But, as johnnyrichards said, I think they would be great as subs in a car, a pair of them would play louder than I would want to expose my ears too, @ 40 Hz and up, in a car, I imagine.
            "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

I was thinking a truck bed set of box speakers. Put them in vented box with these http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...TOKEN=88521850 and just feed them with a 800 hz lowpass http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=266-448.

Comment

Working...
              X