Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with those RS150's?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What to do with those RS150's?

    Last edited by rickcraig; 06-21-2008, 11:07 PM.

  • #2
    cross 'em low . . .

    1600 Hz. LR4. Get off the cone before the distortion starts to rise.

    They work well that way with the RS28a . . .
    "It suggests that there is something that is happening in the real system that is not quite captured in the models."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What to do with those RS150's?

      What are you thinking about building Rick ? Sounds like you might be hinting that you might have something in the works?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What to do with those RS150's?

        good god man!

        i'm overwhelmed in fear and awe.

        speechless.

        Greg

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What to do with those RS150's?

          Originally posted by nicholas_23 View Post
          What are you thinking about building Rick ? Sounds like you might be hinting that you might have something in the works?
          Actually I just found a better way to link the picture. What do you think?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What to do with those RS150's?

            Originally posted by rickcraig View Post
            Actually I just found a better way to link the picture. What do you think?
            Do these have to deal with Marshall Kay?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What to do with those RS150's?

              Originally posted by rickcraig View Post
              I hope you post more pictures and info on those as the project progresses.
              "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
              of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
              - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
              A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
              (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What to do with those RS150's?

                Originally posted by rickcraig View Post
                Actually I just found a better way to link the picture. What do you think?
                I think it's a live array...

                no, no, no: not "alive"...



                ...an array for live musical performance.

                Did I win?

                Dave
                "A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

                www.piaudiogroup.com

                http://www.avguide.com/blog/tas-rmaf...w-technologies
                http://positive-feedback.com/Issue47/ramblings.htm
                http://positive-feedback.com/Issue47/uber_buss.htm

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What to do with those RS150's?

                  Originally posted by christianb View Post
                  Do these have to deal with Marshall Kay?
                  Yes - how did you know?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What to do with those RS150's?

                    Originally posted by dbe View Post
                    I think it's a live array...

                    no, no, no: not "alive"...



                    ...an array for live musical performance.

                    Did I win?

                    Dave
                    You're always a winner Dave! We've already hung three smaller arrays for choir monitors and there are three of these monsters as well for the worship center. The acoustics guys are anxious to hear the results because what we are doing is different from any other commercial array on the market.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What to do with those RS150's?

                      Impressive. :T

                      I thought you were going to use the truncated frame version? Was that another project or did they not work out?
                      - Ryan

                      CJD Ochocinco ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center
                      CJD In-Khan-Neatos - A Dayton RS180/RS150/RS28 In/On Wall MTW

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What to do with those RS150's?

                        I am in awe.. Those will be stunning.

                        How do you wire something like that? Seires-parallel? Do you use any passive x-over components and what do you use? I have never delt with a line array, nevermind one of that size... and am chomping at the bit to know more. ALso, the arc of them, I am assuming unpurpose for dispirsion, but is there a general rule of thumb, or is it planned per venue? Please advise and I apologize for the seemingly elementry questions.
                        .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What to do with those RS150's?

                          Originally posted by JRT View Post
                          I hope you post more pictures and info on those as the project progresses.
                          I'll try to add more pictures when the speakers are loaded. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What to do with those RS150's?

                            Originally posted by ---k--- View Post
                            Impressive. :T

                            I thought you were going to use the truncated frame version? Was that another project or did they not work out?
                            Yes, it's the truncated frame version. The flat edge is in the vertical direction in order to keep the spacing tight along the length of the line.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What to do with those RS150's?

                              Originally posted by mzisserson View Post
                              I am in awe.. Those will be stunning.

                              How do you wire something like that? Seires-parallel? Do you use any passive x-over components and what do you use? I have never delt with a line array, nevermind one of that size... and am chomping at the bit to know more. ALso, the arc of them, I am assuming unpurpose for dispirsion, but is there a general rule of thumb, or is it planned per venue? Please advise and I apologize for the seemingly elementry questions.
                              Series-parallel wiring to achieve the impedance that you want and also for adjusting the output in each section of the line. In order to meet a tight budget we are doing a combination of active crossovers and resistive dividers with a minimal amount of amp channels.

                              This is for a church seating about 1,000 so the design objectives are of course different than what you would do at home. The number of drivers were chosen to achieve the coverage and output capability that we needed. The arc along with the resistive dividers is part of the CBT arrangement by Don Keele. This allows you to contol the beamwidth to meet the needs of the room so that the audience can enjoy smooth response across a large area. It also minimizes reflections from the ceiling and reduces output near the stage to contol feedback.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X