Behringer EP 1500 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer EP 1500 problems

When I connect my amp to anything the the music sounds pretty decent but it sounds like the voice singing is 10 miles away singing into an echo? Is this an amp problem. I was told to check the speaker wiring but that wasn't wrong so i am lost. It is not my speakers or the source because they both work fine in other places.

Thanks ,
    Wes

Re: Behringer EP 1500 problems

Originally posted by wes View Post
    When I connect my amp to anything the the music sounds pretty decent but it sounds like the voice singing is 10 miles away singing into an echo? Is this an amp problem. I was told to check the speaker wiring but that wasn't wrong so i am lost. It is not my speakers or the source because they both work fine in other places.

Thanks ,
    Wes
    Your question is vague on specifics, like what the source is or what you mean by other places. But if the speakers are close together a polarity reversal would result in cancellation of common channel material without affecting hard panned information, and vocals are usually common channel.
    www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

No, thats not an amp problem. Check your wiring polarity.
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Sorry guys I i just had a brain fart with my wiring, all better now and the amp sounds fantastic with my tritrix speakers.

Comment

GOod day all,

I connected my front speakers to the binding posts at the back of the amp. Im running 2, 8 Ohm speakers wired in parallel. I then connect the 3.5mm male stereo jack to the input of my PC and the corresponding 1/4'' balanced TRS connector to the input of the amplifier. When i turn the amp on and play the source music from the computer, the result is very distorted and soft music. Even after turning the Gain knob halfway, the sound is very soft. Certain frequencies are totally missing from the soundtrack, for example there is no vocals at all when the song plays. ( similar situation as Wes). I have triple and quadruple checked the wiring on my speakers and even tried different speaker and they all sound the same. My source is from a cd player in the computer.

Is it a problem with the amp or is there another device in which i need to connect it to ?

Regards,
          DInesh

Comment

Hello DInesh,
            I believe your problem is with the cable connecting the PC to the amplifier. On one end you have a stereo mini phone plug and the other end is a balanced TRS plug.

You need an adaptor to separate the stereo mini phone plug into two cables (one left channel and one right). PE #090-294 will work.
            You will also need two cables with one end RCA phono plug and the other end 1/4 inch mono phone plug.

I also wonder why you have two speakers connected in parallel. There should be one speaker hooked up on the right channel and one on the left.

Comment

Thanks a lot Monoman for the swift reply. I shall try your suggestion and will post here shortly. Finally a load has been lifted off my chest! lol

Comment

If you get yourself a pair of RCA phono jack to 1/4 inch phone plug adapters (#090-285) to go along with the stereo mini phone plug to dual RCA phono jacks adapter (#090-294), you could hook the whole thing up with regular audio cables (RCA phono plugs at both ends).

Comment

Working...
                X