NHT Buyout Woofers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHT Buyout Woofers

I bought 2 of the 11-075-1 10"ers along with two of the plate amps and got them in today. I remember someone saying not long ago that 2 of these in a 3 cu ft box would work well with 6db boost added around 30hz. I have no idea hwo to modify these amps. Has anyone messed around with these yet?

link to drivers and amp:
    http://home.comcast.net/~jhidley/

Re: NHT Buyout Woofers

the drivers are 12 ohm so the two in parallel are 6 ohm. they are made for large boxes or IB. They have an fs of 21.3 and a qts of .67 the vas is 97.8 liters. they handle 200 watts each. the sub plates are not that strong around 90 watts into 6ohms. you need a 500 watt amp that can eq the drivers if you want a 3 cu ft box. by the way they came from this sub see link

http://nhthifi.com/current/products/vintage/subtwo.html

Comment

So that was the catch, huh? No wonder i could find everything imaginable listed on that driver but the impedance. Geez. So i just wasted some money on 2 drivers and 2 amps.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronscalise View Post
        So that was the catch, huh? No wonder i could find everything imaginable listed on that driver but the impedance. Geez. So i just wasted some money on 2 drivers and 2 amps.
        The drivers are good with the right setup. I will look and see if I can figure out a good amp choice for you. they came from a thousand dollar plus sub. i will also see if the amps are good for some use.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

did a lot of reading on pe's 300-806 amp 500 watts. It looks a lot like the sunfire amp that powered these speakers in the nht sub 2. It specs close to the same and has eq controls.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...06&ctab=6#Tabs

cost is 325. if you put the two subs in a large box of 28 / 30 inches high 13 / 14 wide and 16/17 deep.. with the dayton plate in the back you would get a he!!!!! of a sub. It would play down to the low 20's with good volume. it would have very little distortion from 25hz to 120hz. the thumbnail is what the box would look like. the two 12 ohm drivers need to be in parallel gives you 6ohms the sensitivity jumps from 82db to 88db. I am working on finding a use for your sub plates.
            Attached Files

Comment

because of the 12ohm value they kind of have to be parallel in the same box with a strong amp. If you can mount them as an IB on a wall, but still in parallel you could use this amp.

http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=A401 price is 249

http://www.creativesound.ca/pdf/A-400manual.pdf manual

you need the right room to make this setup, but it would play just as low and loud with less power due to the IB. see thumbnail on my IB behind home theater couch.
              Attached Files

Comment

Bought a couple of these with different configs-best was 165 Liters tuned to 21 Hz with an Oaudioamp

Comment

Originally posted by philiparcario View Post
                  did a lot of reading on pe's 300-806 amp 500 watts. It looks a lot like the sunfire amp that powered these speakers in the nht sub 2. It specs close to the same and has eq controls.

cost is 325. if you put the two subs in a large box of 28 / 30 inches high 13 / 14 wide and 16/17 deep.. with the dayton plate in the back you would get a he!!!!! of a sub. It would play down to the low 20's with good volume. it would have very little distortion from 25hz to 120hz. the thumbnail is what the box would look like. the two 12 ohm drivers need to be in parallel gives you 6ohms the sensitivity jumps from 82db to 88db. I am working on finding a use for your sub plates.
                  So the lower cost BASH amp wouldn't do the trick? That thing is expensive!!!

Comment

mayhem 13 has the right idea see this link

http://www.oaudio.com/500W_SUBAMP.html

the amp has enough power and has eq controls. cost is 229. it would drive the 2 in parallel nicely. the its 40 for the woofers and 229 for the amp total of 269 plus build a box. this gives you a clone of a 1000 plus sub.

Comment

That amp is reasonable. 165 liters is 5.83 cu ft. I know that the sub two isn't anywhere near that big.

Comment

Originally posted by philiparcario View Post

This works out to about 3.73 cu ft. That still seems kind of big. Anyone know what the dimensions were on the NHT sub two?

Comment

The Sub2 was a sealed design of about 2.2 cubes......a Q of about .7 give or take with a steep rolloff but high power handling meaning you can't bottom the drivers but it won't play below 30Hz very well either. The design i mentioned is ported so it's much larger but freq response is flat to 22hz

Comment

I want to stick with sealed as this will be used mainly for music. I like tight fast bass. 2.2 cu ft? Thats all the sub2 was? Winisd comes up with 3.11 cu ft for two of these but it shows the f3 at 40hz.

Comment

Gross volume by Phils link to specs is about 2.6 cubes-minus bracing,amp drivers,ect.....yep 2.2 sounds about right. I build a .7 Q test box around these and it was nice for music but N.G. for Home theater. See if you can return the amps to Jack and get two more drivers and make dual Bass Bin/speaker stands. With a higher xover point around 120hz since they'd be under a set of mains would really extend the power handling of whatever mains you are using with the localization associated with the higher xover point You could also save some bucks on amps and get a QSC GX3 run in stereo mode and some sort of Bass Eq module......HELP PHIL-I CAN'T REMEMBER THE LINK!!!! would be less than the cost of 2 plate amps with the same power output and bass control. WOW..4 10s....800watts..pretty impressive !

Comment

Working...
                              X