$69,000 driver. -- Best in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $69,000 driver. -- Best in the world

Perfect.... I have been looking for a driver that will show off my $5,000 power cord...

Must be made by a pharmasutical company...
    Mark

http://www.diy-ny.com

Comment

Originally posted by ajinfla View Post
      Please do not be so closed/locked minded as to dismiss this as absurd audiophile nonsense, unless you have heard/experienced these for yourself. After reading this article and with the price tag visible.
      If the usual measurements show this to be no better (most likely worse) than a $300 scan speak driver, pay no need. It might be thermal emf. Or RF immunity. Or resistance to sun spot actvity. Or maybe because we do not know everything, there might just be some unmeasurable, mystical, hidden from science parameter that Mr. Teramoto has somehow managed to design into this driver, perhaps even being ignorant of it himself. Don't ask how.
      As long as he/you can claim to hear "it" (no, not the zeroes on the price tag or the shiny magnet)...

cheers,

AJ:D
      Do I sense a bit of sarcasm from you? :D

What I find funny is all the talk about how the "washi" paper is the finest in the world but no mention of what properties make it superior in terms of cone technology. I think I'll pass and look for a driver with a cone comprised of Dodo feathers. ;)
      RJB Audio Projects
      http://www.rjbaudio.com

Comment

Feastrex??? I thought that was the kitchen division of Fostex :D:D:D
        High efficiency cooking implements...

Cheers / Robert

Comment

If I wanted a high-fidelity full-range driver, I'd go build some gargantuan electrostats, and then take the remaining $70,000 and go buy a condo.

Comment

There is a legend about two master sword makers. Both could create a blade capable of sustaining the sharpest, most perfect edge. In all respects, save one, their swords were equal, but this one difference alone meant they were worlds apart. What was this difference? You could face the first maker's blade towards the current in a leasurely stream and the blade was so sharp it would cut a gently floating leaf in two. Aiming the second maker's equally sharp blade in the same fashion yielded an entirely different result: as the leaf approached it was gently buffeted around the blade. This was because this maker had built his compassionate heart into the sword.
            Or it wasn't as "equally sharp" as he claimed it was. Kind of like this speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by depthsounder View Post
              Or it wasn't as "equally sharp" as he claimed it was. Kind of like this speaker.
              Actually, swords aren't supposed to have a razor-sharp finish, the cutting edge would be too brittle. The second guy was just better at polishing and finishing blades.

Also, ancient samurai warriors used to test the sharpness of their swords by chopping speakers in half.

And the tubes in their amps were made of bamboo, which was the only cylindrical material they had back then.

Comment

Wouldn't want to hide those. Plexiglass cabinet?

Comment

Working...
                X