X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batwood
    replied
    Re: $69,000 driver. -- Best in the world

Wouldn't want to hide those. Plexiglass cabinet?

Leave a comment:

• Loonie
    replied

Originally posted by depthsounder View Post
    Or it wasn't as "equally sharp" as he claimed it was. Kind of like this speaker.
    Actually, swords aren't supposed to have a razor-sharp finish, the cutting edge would be too brittle. The second guy was just better at polishing and finishing blades.

Also, ancient samurai warriors used to test the sharpness of their swords by chopping speakers in half.

And the tubes in their amps were made of bamboo, which was the only cylindrical material they had back then.

Leave a comment:

• depthsounder
    replied

There is a legend about two master sword makers. Both could create a blade capable of sustaining the sharpest, most perfect edge. In all respects, save one, their swords were equal, but this one difference alone meant they were worlds apart. What was this difference? You could face the first maker's blade towards the current in a leasurely stream and the blade was so sharp it would cut a gently floating leaf in two. Aiming the second maker's equally sharp blade in the same fashion yielded an entirely different result: as the leaf approached it was gently buffeted around the blade. This was because this maker had built his compassionate heart into the sword.
    Or it wasn't as "equally sharp" as he claimed it was. Kind of like this speaker.

Leave a comment:

• spasticteapot
    replied

If I wanted a high-fidelity full-range driver, I'd go build some gargantuan electrostats, and then take the remaining $70,000 and go buy a condo.

Leave a comment:

• robert
    replied

Feastrex??? I thought that was the kitchen division of Fostex :D:D:D
    High efficiency cooking implements...

Cheers / Robert

Leave a comment:

• romanbednarek
    replied

Originally posted by ajinfla View Post
    Please do not be so closed/locked minded as to dismiss this as absurd audiophile nonsense, unless you have heard/experienced these for yourself. After reading this article and with the price tag visible.
    If the usual measurements show this to be no better (most likely worse) than a $300 scan speak driver, pay no need. It might be thermal emf. Or RF immunity. Or resistance to sun spot actvity. Or maybe because we do not know everything, there might just be some unmeasurable, mystical, hidden from science parameter that Mr. Teramoto has somehow managed to design into this driver, perhaps even being ignorant of it himself. Don't ask how.
    As long as he/you can claim to hear "it" (no, not the zeroes on the price tag or the shiny magnet)...

cheers,

AJ:D
    Do I sense a bit of sarcasm from you? :D

What I find funny is all the talk about how the "washi" paper is the finest in the world but no mention of what properties make it superior in terms of cone technology. I think I'll pass and look for a driver with a cone comprised of Dodo feathers. ;)

Leave a comment:

• mgrabow
    replied

Perfect.... I have been looking for a driver that will show off my $5,000 power cord...

Must be made by a pharmasutical company...

Leave a comment:

• madmallard
    replied

Originally posted by romanbednarek View Post
    That's an awful lot of money for adjectives and metaphors.

thats 70% of the Japanese language, tho...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Please do not be so closed/locked minded as to dismiss this as absurd audiophile nonsense, unless you have heard/experienced these for yourself. After reading this article and with the price tag visible.
    If the usual measurements show this to be no better (most likely worse) than a $300 scan speak driver, pay no need. It might be thermal emf. Or RF immunity. Or resistance to sun spot actvity. Or maybe because we do not know everything, there might just be some unmeasurable, mystical, hidden from science parameter that Mr. Teramoto has somehow managed to design into this driver, perhaps even being ignorant of it himself. Don't ask how.
    As long as he/you can claim to hear "it" (no, not the zeroes on the price tag or the shiny magnet)...

cheers,

AJ:D

Leave a comment:

• philiparcario
    replied

does not matter how good the 9 inch is. If it played from 20hz to 20000hz with plus or minus .5db up to 15 degrees off axis they would post it everywhere they could. no driver does that. if it played from 35hz to 16000hz really flat in a small cabinet 2cu ft or less they would have a great driver.

now for 70 k I could build more then 1 pair of speakers that play from 20hz to 20000hz flat and have plenty left over.

Leave a comment:

• Ludo
    replied

I wonder if they'd send a couple of drivers to Zaph or Mark K to measure :rolleyes: How'd you think they'd do

Louis

Leave a comment:

• romanbednarek
    replied

That's an awful lot of money for adjectives and metaphors.

Leave a comment:

• panterra
    replied

Nice whizzer you got there.

Leave a comment:

• philiparcario
    replied

But wait it is affordable the Nf 5ex 5" is priced from $4990 a pair. It is that darn 9" that cost so much!

"New From Feastrex: The Nf 5ex 5" Naturflux field coil driver - Ultimate Purity at an affordable price - a remarkable achievement"

Leave a comment:

• Face
    replied

GTFOOH. If I had a unlimited budget, I would probably give Accuton drivers a try.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X