Come on Parts Express...Where's (Y)our Recession Buster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on Parts Express...Where's (Y)our Recession Buster

Come on everyone let Parts Express know what you would like to see from them as their Recession Buster......

Maybe blow out the BR-1 kit ?

Well I'm sure the more expierenced builders might have different choices ? :D

Re: Come on Parts Express...Where's (Y)our Recession Buster

That makes me wonder what the BR-1 kit minus enclosures would go for.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

I'd be happy with a "blowout deal" on the 0.25ft and 0.38 ft cabs to build the Madisound RB's. If Mad is selling these as fast as the forum suggests, there's probably some demand for low cost, high quality cabinets for quick builds.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlinvell View Post
        Come on everyone let Parts Express know what you would like to see from them as their Recession Buster......

Just got the email for PEs recession buster kit.
        http://www.parts-express.com/eflyer/...gn=email021209

Comment

Personally, I would love to see either the rss390hf or some BG tweeters go on sale.

Comment

or... simply a conversion kit to change the BR1 kit to the Silver Als UE. I just finished doing one of these using the BR1 cabinets (with added bracing) and tweeters. That little modification makes a world of difference in that kit.

Comment

that does me no good cause it comes with a box. i have build RB buster boxes all week. I am actually build a pair FOR madisound right now
              Check out my website: www.uberstealthaudio.com.
              Now offering cnc cut baffles and other speaker cabinet parts

Comment

99 dollars for a shielded BR-1 kit is a deal.

Comment

PE is waiting a few weeks so they can sell a 2nd Great Depression Buster Kit.;)

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                    99 dollars for a shielded BR-1 kit is a deal.
                    I have noticed that PE will put these on sale for this price, and you pay ~$25 shipping, or it will be $125 at the same time that a free shipping promotion is going on, and netting out the same.

Comment

Originally posted by nikbrewer View Post
                      that does me no good cause it comes with a box. i have build RB buster boxes all week. I am actually build a pair FOR madisound right now
                      Sorry, Nick. I forgot you are cutting these for members. Looks like PE responded more directly, anyways.

$99 seems like a pretty good deal.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I believe the drivers of the RB Madisound is selling are better than the ones in the PE kit.

At least, I remember reading that the Dayton silkie is really nothing special.

Am I wrong here?
                        Line Array: IDS-25 Clone, FE-83.
                        2-2.5 Way:
                        Zaph Audio's winning entry: ZA5+SB29. - Microliths: RS125+RS28. - Small Bangs: TB W4-1658SB+SEAS 27TBFC/G. - Monoliths: Peerless 830884+SEAS 27TBFC/G.
                        3-3.5 Way:Miniliths: SEAS P21/CA21REX+Neo8 PDR+Neo3 PDR. - Megaliths: 2xDayton RS270+2xT-B W4-1337SB+SB29. - ZDT3.5 +: 2xDayton RS180+Dayton RS52+Vifa DQ25. Reflexos: OB 4xDayton RS150 + Neo3 PDR.

Comment

Originally posted by fjhuerta View Post
                          I may be wrong, but I believe the drivers of the RB Madisound is selling are better than the ones in the PE kit.

At least, I remember reading that the Dayton silkie is really nothing special.

Am I wrong here?
                          Absolutely correct. Years ago, the Dayton Classic line was a great value, now they are just another cheap driver with specs to match. Dayton is falling behind on the entry level stuff - but I guess the Reference Series is a pretty solid value for the price.

But with the likes of the Silver Flute out there, some of the entry level Peerless woofers, the lower priced Vifa tweeters etc, and now MCM there is no reason to go with the Classic any longer, except for the plethora of designs available for them that is.
                          Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by nikbrewer View Post
                            Your boxes look much nicer than the BR-1...

Comment

I second Squibs request for the .25cft cabinets......

Come on P.E. Blow'em OUT !!!!!!

Nice token on their part but its true about the shipping it over shadows the deal somewhat.......................:D

Comment

Working...
                              X