Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

    Hey Wolf:

    Quick update. I WILL be in attendance, but I will NOT be bringing speakers. They just won't be done in time. :( All my spare shop time for the next month or so is going into building my daughter new bedroom furniture.

    If anyone wants to split a room, let me know.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

      Originally posted by Dirk View Post
      Hey Wolf:

      Quick update. I WILL be in attendance, but I will NOT be bringing speakers. They just won't be done in time. :( All my spare shop time for the next month or so is going into building my daughter new bedroom furniture.

      If anyone wants to split a room, let me know.
      Noted, and will be updating the list shortly.
      Can't sleep today (currently 3rd shifter),
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

      *InDIYana event website*

      Photobucket pages:
      https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

      My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

        Originally posted by Dirk View Post
        Hey Wolf:

        Quick update. I WILL be in attendance, but I will NOT be bringing speakers. They just won't be done in time. :( All my spare shop time for the next month or so is going into building my daughter new bedroom furniture.

        If anyone wants to split a room, let me know.
        I will let you know if I hear of any "wishful-sharing",
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

        *InDIYana event website*

        Photobucket pages:
        https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

        My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

          Wolf

          I will be attending, but the likelihood of my bringing a project is low. At most, only one, and that's a big maybe. Still in the throws of finishing up the home remodel so a project making it there has a low chance.
          R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
          Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

          95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
          "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

            Wolf

            I will be attending, but the likelihood of my bringing a project is low. At most, only one, and that's a big maybe. Still in the throws of finishing up the home remodel so a project making it there has a low chance.
            Was it you Pete that offered to bring a few sound treatment panels? If so, we could use a few nice looking panels.

            I would also be enthusiastic to hear DIY amps. I would really like to see some tube gear. I imagine that we could find a way to run this after hours Friday or Sat.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

              Several times a year, about four of five, I have a major project at work which requires me to really put in the hours, uping my usual time to 60 or 70 hours for the week or two before it is due. I cannot do it ahead, because I work with a team, who, in a repeat of the cramming they did to get through school, wait to the last minute to do their share. I will start working weekends this weekend and up the daily hours as I get closer to the due date. The due date on my next project is April 20. No, I cannot attend. No matter what I do, I cannot be there.

              That would be all well and good, because, after all, a man must work. But what really puts the fat in the fire is that my birthday is April 18, and there is probably no place I rather spend it than in Indiana, hanging out with you guys.

              I am seriously bumming.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

                Originally posted by olddude50 View Post
                Several times a year, about four of five, I have a major project at work which requires me to really put in the hours, uping my usual time to 60 or 70 hours for the week or two before it is due. I cannot do it ahead, because I work with a team, who, in a repeat of the cramming they did to get through school, wait to the last minute to do their share. I will start working weekends this weekend and up the daily hours as I get closer to the due date. The due date on my next project is April 20. No, I cannot attend. No matter what I do, I cannot be there.

                That would be all well and good, because, after all, a man must work. But what really puts the fat in the fire is that my birthday is April 18, and there is probably no place I rather spend it than in Indiana, hanging out with you guys.

                I am seriously bumming.
                I'm sorry to hear that, man!:( I will be sure to hoist my glass in thought of your B-day! If the chance will arise, and I'm just saying *IF*, you would be a welcome addition to the group attending.
                Hope to see you, and if not, I hope you have a Happy B-day!
                Wolf
                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                *InDIYana event website*

                Photobucket pages:
                https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

                My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

                  Originally posted by brianpowers27 View Post
                  Was it you Pete that offered to bring a few sound treatment panels? If so, we could use a few nice looking panels.

                  I would also be enthusiastic to hear DIY amps. I would really like to see some tube gear. I imagine that we could find a way to run this after hours Friday or Sat.
                  I'll do my best to bring some panels.
                  R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                  Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

                  95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                  "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

                    Would this be the wrong venue to get advice for my rumpthumper?
                    i.e. bring the monster, play it and let the other guys tell me if there is a problem?
                    If so no problem I will still be there but if I have the opportunity to let others hear it and either assure me its working correctly or note a problem it would be great.
                    Rog

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

                      Originally posted by sowndluvr View Post
                      Would this be the wrong venue to get advice for my rumpthumper?
                      i.e. bring the monster, play it and let the other guys tell me if there is a problem?
                      If so no problem I will still be there but if I have the opportunity to let others hear it and either assure me its working correctly or note a problem it would be great.
                      Rog
                      Definitely bring it!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

                        ok thanks brian i will

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

                          I hope it won't be a problem if my trilliums are not veneered at the meet. It's looking like I'll be doing well to have them both playing by then and I definitely do not want to rush the veneering. In fact, I will probably do some practice veneering before getting to the speakers. I've never done any veneering before.

                          So, I hope no one will be offended by naked mdf .

                          I'm really looking forward to this. It's been about 6 years since my last such event.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

                            Originally posted by Paul Ebert View Post
                            I hope it won't be a problem if my trilliums are not veneered at the meet. It's looking like I'll be doing well to have them both playing by then and I definitely do not want to rush the veneering. In fact, I will probably do some practice veneering before getting to the speakers. I've never done any veneering before.

                            So, I hope no one will be offended by naked mdf .

                            I'm really looking forward to this. It's been about 6 years since my last such event.
                            Nah- I'm sure you won't be the only attendee with unfinished speakers. It's more about the "sound" with these events anyway.

                            I may be lucky to finish the Vijon by then....:rolleyes:
                            Later,
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                            *InDIYana event website*

                            Photobucket pages:
                            https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

                            My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

                              Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                              Nah- I'm sure you won't be the only attendee with unfinished speakers. It's more about the "sound" with these events anyway.

                              I may be lucky to finish the Vijon by then....:rolleyes:
                              Later,
                              Wolf
                              How does it go? "Run with whatcha brung!"

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

                                Originally posted by DougP View Post
                                Wolf,

                                I am sorry to say this but please take me off the list.
                                With my recent change in employment I don't have the funds or the vacation to attend

                                You guys have a good time and post lots of pictures.

                                Doug
                                Sorry to hear about the change in employment. I hope it was a good move for you and works out well. You know where I work, so you know I am aware of how the economy is impacting many people. Also sorry to hear that I won't see you again this year. It was nice meeting you last year and I was looking forward to hangin' with you again.

                                Jeff B.
                                Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X