Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    Sorry to hear about the change in employment. I hope it was a good move for you and works out well. You know where I work, so you know I am aware of how the economy is impacting many people. Also sorry to hear that I won't see you again this year. It was nice meeting you last year and I was looking forward to hangin' with you again.

Jeff B.
    Hi Doug I'm sorry to hear that as well. But you're still in Grinnell, right? I'll be there on April 29-30 to give a law and economics seminar at the college. Maybe we can get together for a sip of something. Cheers, Dennis.

Comment

I officially cannot make it.

I was just informed that a paper I have written, done from my own research on Special Relativity has been accepted for a Penn State University Undergraduate Research Symposium, taking place on the 18th.

Have fun guys!

NK
      I'm just that guy. www.sru.edu Rock Solid.

"It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion."

L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Comment

Is this an invite only event or is it open to anyone to attend? I am just getting in to DIY speaker building and have read about many of these events across the country. I live between South Bend and Elkhart so this would be an ideal event to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by soundtrek View Post
          Is this an invite only event or is it open to anyone to attend? I am just getting in to DIY speaker building and have read about many of these events across the country. I live between South Bend and Elkhart so this would be an ideal event to attend.
          Absolutely not! We aren't a very snobbery bunch.....

Elkhart, eh? Maybe you could stop in at Crown and get us some T-shirts? j/k!
          I've wanted to take a tour of their factory if they give them for quite some time, as it is close by.

You are welcome to come! I'll mark you on the list!
          CU then,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by nick29498141 View Post

I was just informed that a paper I have written, done from my own research on Special Relativity has been accepted for a Penn State University Undergraduate Research Symposium, taking place on the 18th.

Have fun guys!

NK
            CONGRATS!!! Don't let me hold back the Marmott-man! You go and do your astrophysics thingy, okay!?
            Hope to see you soon, or at least some time this year,
            Later,
            Wolf
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
              CONGRATS!!! Don't let me hold back the Marmott-man! You go and do your astrophysics thingy, okay!?
              Hope to see you soon, or at least some time this year,
              Later,
              Wolf
              Thanks Wolf! I'm getting pretty anxious about it... :o

Look to my upcoming FS thread for some of my rare drivers...

NK

"It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion."

Comment

Originally posted by nick29498141 View Post

Have fun guys!

NK
                I'd be very interested in taking a look at that paper sometime. Theoretical Physics has been an area of interest of mine for many years.
                Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

I'd be very interested in taking a look at that paper sometime. Theoretical Physics has been an area of interest of mine for many years.
                  Sure! The paper deals with SR from a cross-curricular perspective. I don't delve into much theory, instead focusing on it's importance to college-bound students. I don't think a true SR theory paper is appropriate for any undergrad, it's just too dense.

NK

Comment

NK - I to would like to read that paper. Spent my early years teaching physics/math at a Liberal arts college (now a university). Developed a course which was for elementary ed majors that focused on "modern" physics rather that the usual dry Newtonian physics.

I guess tht is where my acoustics interests began; had students perform noise spectrum analysis such as evaluate bonnet style hair dryers (yes, I am that old) to see why some gave them headaches.

Also gave then an intro to SR.

Enjoy your time there. :D

George
                    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland

Comment

Originally posted by moosespeaker View Post
                      NK - I to would like to read that paper. Spent my early years teaching physics/math at a Liberal arts college (now a university). Developed a course which was for elementary ed majors that focused on "modern" physics rather that the usual dry Newtonian physics.

I guess tht is where my acoustics interests began; had students perform noise spectrum analysis such as evaluate bonnet style hair dryers (yes, I am that old) to see why some gave them headaches.

Also gave then an intro to SR.

Enjoy your time there. :D

George
                      Cool!

What University?

NK

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. It's sad to say, but Crown is somewhat of a ghost town now. The only product physically supported there now is the I-Tech line. I own several of their products that I use with my DJ business and they are fantastic amps.

See you guys in April. I may bring a fellow DIYer with me as well.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the change in employment. I hope it was a good move for you and works out well. You know where I work, so you know I am aware of how the economy is impacting many people. Also sorry to hear that I won't see you again this year. It was nice meeting you last year and I was looking forward to hangin' with you again.

Jeff B.
                          Jeff,
                          The work move was a very good one for me. I took a pay cut and I lost some vacation both of which I will get back over time. I took a position at Grinnell college and it was made from the standpoint of long term stability. I'm sure we will get a chance to talk shop at one of the events in the near future.
                          Doug

Originally posted by framus View Post
                          Hi Doug I'm sorry to hear that as well. But you're still in Grinnell, right? I'll be there on April 29-30 to give a law and economics seminar at the college. Maybe we can get together for a sip of something. Cheers, Dennis.

Dennis,
                          I sure am in Grinnell and going no-where soon. I have the date marked on my calender. Depending on your schedule, I know it can be busy with visiting lecturers, you will have to come by the house for Dinner or at least a beverage.
                          Doug
                          http://dpeterson.home.mchsi.com/

I just checked and my "give a damn" is broke :D

Comment

I just sent the email to my boss asking for the day off, so, I should be there. I'm (originally) from Lafayette (got some relatives living there) so I'll prob. drive up to Lafayette from Columbus earlier in the week and spend Sat. there "on the way back" (not exactly on the way).

I'll probably bring something or other, working on a few things... :D
                            "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Originally posted by critofur View Post
                              I just sent the email to my boss asking for the day off, so, I should be there. I'm (originally) from Lafayette (got some relatives living there) so I'll prob. drive up to Lafayette from Columbus earlier in the week and spend Sat. there "on the way back" (not exactly on the way).

I'll probably bring something or other, working on a few things... :D
                              Alright, I'll note that! We're currently under 30, I believe.
                              Later,
                              Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Originally posted by DougP View Post
                                Jeff,
                                The work move was a very good one for me. I took a pay cut and I lost some vacation both of which I will get back over time. I took a position at Grinnell college and it was made from the standpoint of long term stability. I'm sure we will get a chance to talk shop at one of the events in the near future.
                                Doug

Dennis,
                                I sure am in Grinnell and going no-where soon. I have the date marked on my calender. Depending on your schedule, I know it can be busy with visiting lecturers, you will have to come by the house for Dinner or at least a beverage.
                                Doug
                                Glad to hear it, Doug. I won't impose myself for dinner, but I hope we can chat someplace. Do they still have that expresso machine at the college Forum?

Comment

Working...
                                X