Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "InDIYana 2009" *Official* Head/Project-Count thread...

For that matter I might even like to hear a tube pre running through out solid state rig...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
      That tube amp at the first InDIYana was a monster in size and weight but it put out only about 10 wpc as I recall and it cost a bunch of bucks!
      Paul
      I guess I thought it was more power than that. For the cost, amount of tubes, and how hot he was running it, it isn't worth it, IMO. I'd take your QUAD over that anyday!
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Re: "InDIYana 2009" **15 DAYS TO GO!!!!** Driving info...

Just thought I'd inject some more info to those of you making the trek, and bump this up a bit.

This event is very near to the I-69 interstate, exit 129. At this exit, you will see a lot of business to the East. Turn East off the exit onto State Rd. 8, and then Right at Arby's. You'll see Walmart at a distance at about 2:00 at the first stop-sign. Turn left there, and it's on your Right about the third building down. This is also the main hotel/lodging area, so unless you are staying at the Hampton Inn, you will most likely drive by it on your left or right. The Days Inn is further East on State Rd. 8 next to McDonald's.

For those of you coming from the North to meet us here, I-69 is the best route to take, and proceeds far into Michigan across state lines.

If you are coming from the South/Southwest, again I-69 is the most favorable. Directly South gives you a few options; You can come up Highways 27, 1, etc to meet I-469 and go around Ft-Wayne to I-69 one direction or the other. I would also think one could come through Ft. Wayne on I-69, but some highways do not meet I-69.

If you are coming from a good majority of the Ohio area, I would recommend taking I-75 North to either 309W or 30W (depending if you want small-town driving or highway), and merging onto I-469 and then I-69 en route. This is the simplest way to go, and even Lex, KY people might find this the best.

From the West in Illinois or such, the toll-road I-80 will bring you into Angola, and South on I-69 if that is your choice. You can also bring in I-80E, down I-57S 4 miles, and onto US-30E to Ft. Wayne and have to trod just a hair north about a half hour to exit 129 on I-69 (This is the way I go to Iowa to avoid Gary, IN and tolls). For middle Illinois, I recommend US-24E. It is a lot of small towns, but it drives into downtown Peoria if you are close by, and into Ft. Wayne on the opposing nearby end.

Dirk- I know you are coming from WI, so I would avoid Chicago (if you prefer), and maybe bring down 90S to I-80E. If you jog down I-57S 4 miles, you'll hit US-30E and avoid the toll-roads. I know 90 is maybe out of the way a bit, so go South where you feel comfortable.

I hope you that are coming have a nice trip, and enjoy the scenery. If you come into town early on Friday, I'm sure you can check out the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum or NATMUS to fill the car-void in your life. Lots of antique, semi-modern (think 60's/70's), and different old cars. This is the "City of Classics" here in Auburn, IN, and a name of which we are quite fond.

See you all in about 2 weeks!
        Wolf
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

I had a great time at the GTG.... now I'm trying to figure out what woofers to put along with my GR-T3s.

I was wondering if anyone has or will be posting a formal follow up to the even? I know we all (were supposed) to fill out some information about our projects and I would be interested to see more data about specific projects.

Cheers
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mpotoka View Post
            I had a great time at the GTG.... now I'm trying to figure out what woofers to put along with my GR-T3s.

I was wondering if anyone has or will be posting a formal follow up to the even? I know we all (were supposed) to fill out some information about our projects and I would be interested to see more data about specific projects.

Cheers
            Mike
            There is a ton of information to sort through and we might not take the time to digitize it all. I am not sure if there is anything formal that will come as a follow up. I am sure that any of the designers would share info, if asked.

Comment

Originally posted by DougP View Post
              Dennis,
              I'm sure we can head over to the Joe Rosenfeild center, the Forum is now pretty much a big computer lab. The campus has changed so much in just the ten years or so that I have been in the area. If the weather is nice when you are here we can grab some coffee from the Joe and take a tour of the campus. The new science building is just amazing. Its had three major upgrades since about 1988. They have some new dorms on campus, a new gym and are in the process of building a new indoor pool and indoor track.

Doug
              Hey Doug I'm still heading out to Grinnell on Wednesday. It looks like I"ll have Thursday morning between 9:00 and 10:00 free, and then from about 10:30 to about noon. Will you have any time open then?

Comment

Originally posted by mpotoka View Post

Cheers
                Mike
                I'm still uploading pictures (dial-up)!

As to your GR T3 tweeters, Build-a-Box, and terminal plates; all you need is a woofer and xovers for pair!! Being that the T3 runs about $30 each, and you can xover at 1.8 kHz 3rd-order electrical, you should be able to choose quite a few woofers. The flange diameter is fairly small as well, so CTC won't be an issue either. It kinda has a funny FR curve, with a dip that might not be as conducive to a low HP. You might need to have a xover that pads to either side of it to make it flatter, or use a damping resistor in the shunt of the HP to smooth it out. The FR curves were supplied, so you should be close to golden. If you require the .zma's, I can send them to you.

shafbm01_**AT**_hotmail_**DOT**_com

If you require some help in setup, I can help with that as well.
                Keep Mike and I posted on your progress,
                Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Originally posted by framus View Post
                  Hey Doug I'm still heading out to Grinnell on Wednesday. It looks like I"ll have Thursday morning between 9:00 and 10:00 free, and then from about 10:30 to about noon. Will you have any time open then?
                  Dennis,
                  I sent you a PM with my contact information at the college. I can make those times work without any problem.
                  Doug
                  http://dpeterson.home.mchsi.com/

I just checked and my "give a damn" is broke :D

Comment

Working...
                  X