Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"InDIYana 2009"; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "InDIYana 2009"; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

Originally posted by brianpowers27 View Post
    Is this a new project?
    No it's a little over a year old. I can't really bring much of what I have worked on since then, as they all belong to other people, and the project I have been working on for myself isn't finished yet. There are still some other possibilities, so we'll see.
    Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
      No it's a little over a year old. I can't really bring much of what I have worked on since then, as they all belong to other people, and the project I have been working on for myself isn't finished yet. There are still some other possibilities, so we'll see.
      There is really going to be a great crop of speakers, at the event. I am really excited.

Comment

Hello, speakerfolk.

I'll be at the Meet n' Greet, as well as the main event, but I won't have any projects with me. I've spent the last week working furiously on an audio install at my church's new auditorium, and haven't been able to break away for the past few weeks to work on any of my projects (which languish pitifully in the corner of my garage.)

So you can count on me being there, but don't count on any projects from me.

Cheers,

Rory
        Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by Taterworks View Post
          Hello, speakerfolk.

I'll be at the Meet n' Greet, as well as the main event, but I won't have any projects with me. I've spent the last week working furiously on an audio install at my church's new auditorium, and haven't been able to break away for the past few weeks to work on any of my projects (which languish pitifully in the corner of my garage.)

So you can count on me being there, but don't count on any projects from me.

Cheers,

Rory
          What about the Logic 2-ways your posted? I think those would be very welcomed, and I would like to hear them if you can bring them. They don't have to be "new" projects you bring you know....

CU there, Rory!
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

For everyone who somes: THis is a great networking opportunity and I look forward to meeting you all. If you could please get yourself on this forum member map! This can help everyone find fellow DIYers in the area.

Comment

Room booked! Woot!

Any idea on the WiFi situation there at the Comfort Suites?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
                Room booked! Woot!

Any idea on the WiFi situation there at the Comfort Suites?
                I called the hotel and they said wireless internet is available for all guests.

Comment

Sweet. I saw they had "free high speed internet" but I didn't know if that meant being plugged into the wall in my room. Which is fine, but kind of limited for anything on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                    Not sure what you mean by that. Is that a joke? I was under the impression that it was for the whole hotel.

Wolf
                    Not allowing alcohol at a hotel is the joke. I don't imagine there is a single hotel in the whole US that thinks they could manage that rule.

Of course, I will refrain from bringing alcohol into the conference room
                    "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Originally posted by donparsons View Post
                      What is going on in Indiana? No beverages at the Inn, the restaurants don' serve. What's a drunk to do?
                      Damn blue laws is what's going on. Then again we just started observing DST not too long ago. Indiana's state motto is "Kicking and screaming our way into the future quite reluctantly." Doesn't have quite the stone hard feel of New Hampshire's "Live Free Or Die" but it's what we got I guess.

At least we still have CT and GA to keep us company when it comes to no alcohol sales on Sunday. Unless you're at a restaurant. Dumbest law I have heard other than Ohio's wonderful prohibition of fishing for whales on Sunday.

shawn
                      My favorite woofer is a Labrador retriever.

Comment

Hey! I just thought of a great idea (which may have already been addressed):

Can somebody bring mic calibration gear to the event so we can get mics calibrated while we're there?
                        "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

In FL we can get alcohol on Sunday, but not before 9:00AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shawn_a View Post
                            At least we still have CT and GA to keep us company when it comes to no alcohol sales on Sunday.
                            And Massachusetts. And possibly New Hampshire. I always hated that my binges required logistical planning.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
                              And Massachusetts. And possibly New Hampshire. I always hated that my binges required logistical planning.
                              What sucks royally is when you're stuck in a dry county and could really use a beer or four. Been there and done that. No joy.

Even though Mark isn't making the trip I still owe ya a round or so, Dirk. Bring your spare liver.

shawn
                              My favorite woofer is a Labrador retriever.

Comment

Originally posted by critofur View Post
                                Hey! I just thought of a great idea (which may have already been addressed):

Can somebody bring mic calibration gear to the event so we can get mics calibrated while we're there?
                                I don't know of anyone that has that, so while being a decent idea, it might not be doable, especially at this time so close to the event.

I *still* can't place who you are from Dayton, so I'll have to be sure and remember you this time, okay?

CU there,
                                Wolf
                                "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                                "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                                "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                                https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                                http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                                X