Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"InDIYana 2009"; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: "InDIYana 2009"; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    4 minutes is what you can utilize. Every pair will play the 6 tracks the same, and then you can either finish with 4 minutes of your own or use the remainder of the event-disc for your demo. It's your call.
    Does this 4 minutes include setup and takedown time? Also, is there time for those listening to provide feedback? If not, I will probably want to use all of it for that. Or, is feedback provided some other way? I recall from the DIY Daytons I attended, oh, 8 years ago or so, that we filled out evaluation forms, but I think that was part of the competition.

    I'm glad we're not doing a competition, but I am very interested in input from others.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: "InDIYana 2009"; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

      Originally posted by Paul Ebert View Post
      Does this 4 minutes include setup and takedown time? Also, is there time for those listening to provide feedback? If not, I will probably want to use all of it for that. Or, is feedback provided some other way? I recall from the DIY Daytons I attended, oh, 8 years ago or so, that we filled out evaluation forms, but I think that was part of the competition.

      I'm glad we're not doing a competition, but I am very interested in input from others.
      We are not formally doing feedback forms. I would encourage you to state your intent for feedback during the introduction. People could fill out a feeback form and then discuss it with you later.

      Time Slot Breakdown: ( Total < 15min)
      --Setup
      --Introduction
      --Required songs = 6min
      --optional songs = 4min
      --Teardown

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: &quot;InDIYana 2009&quot;; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

        Originally posted by Wolf View Post
        Does the BFD have RCA-ins? I know the amp has XLR ins, and we're using adapters on the 1/4" inputs for RCA. I suppose I'll have to discuss this with Brian first...
        The BFD has 1/4" and XLR. I use 1/4" -> RCA adaptors since the 1/4" accepts both balanced and unbalanced inputs.

        Like I said, it doesn't cost me anything to toss it in the back seat.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: &quot;InDIYana 2009&quot;; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

          Originally posted by Paul Ebert View Post
          Does this 4 minutes include setup and takedown time? Also, is there time for those listening to provide feedback? If not, I will probably want to use all of it for that. Or, is feedback provided some other way? I recall from the DIY Daytons I attended, oh, 8 years ago or so, that we filled out evaluation forms, but I think that was part of the competition.

          I'm glad we're not doing a competition, but I am very interested in input from others.
          Then I've apparently met you! I have not missed a DIY Dayton show. I'll be glad to see another familiar face!
          Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

          *InDIYana event website*

          Photobucket pages:
          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

          My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: &quot;InDIYana 2009&quot;; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

            Originally posted by Dirk View Post
            No Mark? Damnable shame.
            That it is, my friend, that it is. I am SERIOUSLY bent that I can't make it, but there's that whole feed the family thing to consider. I'll be there in spirit, if such a thing is possible. ARRRGH! I'm so bummed out to not be there!

            Please, Dirk and Shawn, hoist one (or four:D) for me, willya?


            Mark
            You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

            ~Pink Floyd

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: &quot;InDIYana 2009&quot;; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

              Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
              That it is, my friend, that it is. I am SERIOUSLY bent that I can't make it, but there's that whole feed the family thing to consider. I'll be there in spirit, if such a thing is possible. ARRRGH! I'm so bummed out to not be there!

              Please, Dirk and Shawn, hoist one (or four:D) for me, willya?


              Mark
              Bummer, I thought you were all set for the trip. Sorry to hear you won't be making the trrek. :(
              DP

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: &quot;InDIYana 2009&quot;; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

                I was, but this work trip came up at the last minute. I'm actually closer, (WV), but unable to make the trip due to work constraints. I've been walking around in a funk for the last few days, knowing that this would (should) be my time for travel prep, and nervous (but fun) anticipation. Instead, I'm languishing in a motel room, impotently wishing that I could get there. But the fact is, I can't. And I've not been so bummed about something since my divorce. And the kicker: Second wife is absolutely AWESOME, and I've been apart from her for a month now.:eek:

                But hey, you do what you gotta do, right?:rolleyes:

                Everyone who's attending: HAVE FUN!!!


                Mark
                You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

                ~Pink Floyd

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: &quot;InDIYana 2009&quot;; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

                  Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
                  I was, but this work trip came up at the last minute. I'm actually closer, (WV), but unable to make the trip due to work constraints. I've been walking around in a funk for the last few days, knowing that this would (should) be my time for travel prep, and nervous (but fun) anticipation. Instead, I'm languishing in a motel room, impotently wishing that I could get there. But the fact is, I can't. And I've not been so bummed about something since my divorce. And the kicker: Second wife is absolutely AWESOME, and I've been apart from her for a month now.:eek:

                  But hey, you do what you gotta do, right?:rolleyes:

                  Everyone who's attending: HAVE FUN!!!


                  Mark
                  I assure you that we will have fun! However, it will be a 'hard-spot in the ticker' that you aren't present.
                  Hope to meet you some other time,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                  *InDIYana event website*

                  Photobucket pages:
                  https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

                  My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: &quot;InDIYana 2009&quot;; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

                    Hi Wolf and Brian,

                    I'm afraid that I can't attend the meeting. I thought my job search would end by mid April. This year's job market---both academic and industry---is awful. I hope everyone will have a wonderful time. I envy you!

                    -jAy

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: &quot;InDIYana 2009&quot;; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

                      Originally posted by jkim View Post
                      Hi Wolf and Brian,

                      I'm afraid that I can't attend the meeting. I thought my job search would end by mid April. This year's job market---both academic and industry---is awful. I hope everyone will have a wonderful time. I envy you!

                      -jAy
                      Sorry to hear that! You'll be missed. Maybe next year....
                      Later,
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                      *InDIYana event website*

                      Photobucket pages:
                      https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

                      My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: &quot;InDIYana 2009&quot;; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

                        Unfortunately, I was not able to make it today to the event, because my grandfather passed away last week. He supported me through the earliest days of my speaker-building hobby through letting me use his workshop and teaching me to use the power tools to produce the results I wanted, but he also invested in me and his other grandchildren in other ways that will pay forward in the future. He will be sadly missed by everyone in my family.
                        Best Regards,

                        Rory Buszka

                        Taterworks Audio

                        "The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

                        If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: &quot;InDIYana 2009&quot;; Final pre-thread, 9 days to go....

                          Originally posted by Taterworks View Post
                          Unfortunately, I was not able to make it today to the event, because my grandfather passed away last week. He supported me through the earliest days of my speaker-building hobby through letting me use his workshop and teaching me to use the power tools to produce the results I wanted, but he also invested in me and his other grandchildren in other ways that will pay forward in the future. He will be sadly missed by everyone in my family.
                          Sorry to hear that, Rory! I did wonder where you were. May you be comforted in your time of sorrow.
                          I'm sorry for your loss,
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                          *InDIYana event website*

                          Photobucket pages:
                          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

                          My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X