200 tweeters for $10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 tweeters for $10

200 Onkyo Tweeters for 10 bucks!? Are we crazy? Noooooo, but this deal is crazy! So crazy that you could buy a thousand tweeters for $50! We've made a special purchase of these tweeters. We've priced them to move, and move they will, they're priced a case of 200 for only $10! That works out to be only 5 cents a tweeter! Originally manufactured for Delco to be used in high-end auto sound applications. Don't miss out on this super deal. Hurry, quantities are limited. Standard 3/8" Mylar tweeter element with phase lens. Perfect for small compact speaker projects. Rear mounting may be required due to terminal locations. Limited quantities. Specifications: *Power Handling: 20 watts RMS/40 watts max *VC dia: 3/8" *Znom: 6 ohms Re: 4.10 ohms *Frequency range: 6,000-20,000 Hz *Fs: 4,200 Hz *SPL: 87 dB 2.83V/1m *Driver Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 1-3/8", Cutout Diameter: 1-1/4", Mounting Depth: 5/8".

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=269-810

Thanks for looking... Jeff

Re: 200 tweeters for $10

If the big man says deal, it's a deal!

Anyone want to build a line array (and save some serious coin)?

NK
    I'm just that guy. www.sru.edu Rock Solid.

"It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion."

L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Comment

there is no advantage in using multiple tweeters in array.
      sensitivity will be the same as a single tweeter, no gain at all, due to frequency cancellations.
      maybe an array around the house, to keep away moskitos, rodents, and noisy teenagers :D

Comment

Originally posted by mistertwister View Post
        sensitivity will be the same as a single tweeter, no gain at all, due to frequency cancellations.
        maybe an array around the house, to keep away moskitos, rodents, and noisy teenagers :D
        Power handling would probably be higher using tweeters in an array.
        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

What am I going to do with 200 tweeters? Granted, it would be cool to build a 7 channel line array with 24 per tower... hmmm...
          Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
            What am I going to do with 200 tweeters? Granted, it would be cool to build a 7 channel line array with 24 per tower... hmmm...
            Go for a curvilinear line with 100 per side.

NK
            I'm just that guy. www.sru.edu Rock Solid.

"It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion."

L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Comment

You could build a stearable beam array... track you as you walk around the house so that the music doesn't bother your significant other. Now what to do about the bass and midrange? Never mind, that's why they invented earbuds. :p

Comment

Originally posted by mistertwister View Post
                :D
                Hmmmm,
                Sensitivity wouldn't change? Which frequency would be cancelled?

This is all news to me, perhaps if you explain how this works within a certain context I might understand what you mean.

BTW: Try to use teeny, tiny words and not those real big ones.

Best Regards,
                TerryO

Comment

Fs: 4,200 Hz and weird shape. How in the heck would you even mount those things.
                  No matter where you go, there you are.
                  Website

Comment

Sensitivity most certainly would increase, just like if you were using woofers. Now, if you're using planars or ribbons you wouldn't get a sensitivity gain due to their limited vertical dispersion (no overlap).

Comment

Originally posted by christianb View Post
                      Sensitivity most certainly would increase, just like if you were using woofers. Now, if you're using planars or ribbons you wouldn't get a sensitivity gain due to their limited vertical dispersion (no overlap).
                      You were doing pretty good there until that last sentence. Ribbons and Planars will experience a gain in sensitivity too. Having a narrow vertical dispersion does not change this when you are on-axis.
                      Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by nick29498141 View Post
                        Go for a curvilinear line with 100 per side.

NK
                        I'm surprised nobody has suggested a fully digital speaker. It would only take 328 boxes to give you 65535 drivers--one for each level in 16-bit audio. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build a mechanical DAC!

Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Originally posted by neildavis View Post
                          I'm surprised nobody has suggested a fully digital speaker. It would only take 328 boxes to give you 65535 drivers--one for each level in 16-bit audio. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build a mechanical DAC!

Neil,

That is a great idea. I could also see one building a satelite shaped array to beam sound a few miles away to bring dogs back to their homes...

How many tweeters would it take along with digital eq to reproduce 40hz tones?

Comment

I believe these are the tweeters I took out of my Scion xB. The shape allows them to be clipped into the molded mounting, behind a grill.

And considering the world's production of autos has dropped by 50% (or there abouts), I could see where a large number of these would be available.
                            - John

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - Dr. M. L. King
                            www.BuildTheDream.org

Comment

Originally posted by HareBrained View Post
                              I believe these are the tweeters I took out of my Scion xB. The shape allows them to be clipped into the molded mounting, behind a grill.

And considering the world's production of autos has dropped by 50% (or there abouts), I could see where a large number of these would be available.
                              Do these qualify for the Cash For Clunkers program? Can I trade in some old drivers?:D

Comment

Working...
                              X