Even More Peerless/Vifa Buyouts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even More Peerless/Vifa Buyouts!

In case you guys havent seen, they added a bunch of new vifa and peerless buyouts (including some HDS) under speaker buyouts! http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...O&srchPromo=22

Mike

Re: Even More Peerless/Vifa Buyouts!

Hmm "Treated Nomex" - I wonder if those 5.25" are even smoother than the non-"Treated" ones?

I bet those 4" are awesome midranges for 3-ways - wish the price was a touch lower though. Much better value than say, a Morel 2" midrange dome, still...

I have to build more speakers with the parts I have before I buy anymore drivers!
    "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Hmm "Treated Nomex" - I wonder if those 5.25" are even smoother than the non-"Treated" ones?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-242

I bet those 4" are awesome midranges for 3-ways - wish the price was a touch lower though. Much better value than say, a Morel 2" midrange dome, still...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-241

I have to build more speakers with the parts I have before I buy anymore drivers!
      "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

The SLS8s

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-246

Are they the same as the ones everyone rave about being the best performance/value over at DIYMA.com? I was just about to get some SLS6.5s to play with.......right now I am using those 6.5 "nubert" HDS buyouts in the doors and they sound pretty good.

No, I do not want to cut up my doors for 8s! My door panels will rattle and self destruct anyway!

Comment

I dont think those are the same SLS 8" as made popular on diymobileaudio. Off the top of my head i think the popular ones are 8 ohm, maybe

To even THINK about using the 8" SLS buyouts I would have to start by knocking off the bucking magnet...

Mike

*EDIT* This is the SLS 8" that DIYMA loves so much http://www.madisound.com/catalog/pro...oducts_id=1386

Comment

Looks like a good woofer. But I don't like the writing on it: "Discover Deep Bass." I hate it when objects tell me what to do.
            Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
            Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

I know! My speakers should let me enjoy the music, not demand that I do!

I found a little something on the demanding woofer...
              http://www.mksoundsystem.com/MK%20Le...Xenon_1107.pdf

Mike

Comment

I hope those M&K speakers sound good, for they are bloody ugly!

Funny that these PE SLS8s are used as subs while people on DIYMA uses the madisound SLS8 with a lower FS as a midbass, in rattling doors. I can't cross my midbass below 80Hz, doesn't matter how much I deaden my doors, something - my dash, my GPS, my radar dectector, the suff in my cup holder etc etc. will rattle like there is no tomorrow. So I guess there is no point dreaming about getting these into my doors...

Comment

There are better options in that price range, or just a little more, than the M&K woofer.
                  Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                    There are better options in that price range, or just a little more, than the M&K woofer.

35$ for a peerless sub? Show me the better options please

Comment

While were at it, can someone model this little sub for music duty (sealed)?

Thanks...

Mike

Comment

download winisd and play with it. its worth the effort.

On the other hand if people want to show off some graphs from unibox etc. please do, I can never get that thing to work for me, macros on excel like crapping all over me. winisd doesn't do excursion vs power/freq for me....

Comment

Will do when I get home and i'm sure i'll have some questions for you guys...

Mike

Comment

I downloaded WinISD and tried punching in the numbers for the Peerless (MK Sound) SLS 8" and it keeps saying "Consistency check failed following parameter, Qts,Qms,Qes.

I put the Parts-Express numbers in there but it keeps saying that...

Any help Guys?

Thanks...

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
                              Looks like a good woofer. But I don't like the writing on it: "Discover Deep Bass." I hate it when objects tell me what to do.
                              :D If I really wanted to discover deep bass I would only be able to do so after the item suggested that it had deep bass.

Comment

Working...
                              X