Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Erse products

Originally posted by brianpowers27 View Post
    I am pretty sure the PE laminate cores are Erse products.
    Could be, but I'm not convinced.

Dayton 18ga I_core, 1.5mH (Available in 1-10mH values), 0.22ohms DCR, 5%, 250Watts, $6.51:

Erse 18ga I_core, 1.5mH (Available in 1.5-9mH values), 0.228ohms DCR, 5%, 300 Watts, $5,61:

Now they could certainly be made by Erse, but I'm not sure I would call them the same.

Obviously PE carries the SuperQ inductors by Erse already and I have ordered them through PE over Erse even though they were slightly more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by tpremo55 View Post
      Could be, but I'm not convinced

Now they could certainly be made by Erse, but I'm not sure I would call them the same.

Obviously PE carries the SuperQ inductors by Erse already and I have ordered them through PE over Erse even though they were slightly more expensive.
      The online pictures are deceiving. I have ordered from both sources and the product looks the same.

Comment

The online pictures are deceiving. I have ordered from both sources and the product looks the same.
        Fair enough.

Comment

I just revieved a whole bag of goodies from ERSE for my new project. I will be posting a build thread this weekend.

I have some pulse caps, as well as their 3&6% DF NPE's. I purchased their EQ inductors as well.

Initial impressions: Pulse caps are extremely high physical quality, leads are superior to anything in their price range. Being copper, you cannot play much with them or they may snap... A trade off as always. They will have to have significantly better performance than the daytons for me to pay the extra shipping, otherwise there is no advantage to them.

The Inductors look like a typical air-core with the extecption that you can see the funky winding.

The NPEE's are amazing quality, pretty and larger than expected, but not overly big.

How all these compae sonically remains to be seen. I plan on using Super q's for my larger values as I have yet to find an inductor that works better sonically under 1Khz...even VERY expensive, CFAC's of heavy awg.

I have always been a fan of ERSE product. It is an exceptional value driven by a company with great support, and extreme knowledge.

Comment

So, do they look like the ones pictured above as the PE inductors or like the Erse ones (or something different)? In the pictures above, the Erse ones look considerably nicer to me.

By the way, I (sonically) compared a Super-Q and a P-core in my Trillium crossover and I really couldn't detect a difference. I ended up going with the Super-Q, however. I did not pump a lot of power through them, though I did compare some sustained low frequencies (organ in 'The Planets').

Comment

This week I've received inductors from both PE and Erse that appear to be of identical constuction.

Comment

Originally posted by mzisserson View Post
                I have always been a fan of ERSE product. It is an exceptional value driven by a company with great support, and extreme knowledge.
                Are all Erse products US made?

Here's a page from the Erse site comparing their coils with others....

http://www.erseaudio.com/AudioTechCe...-Chart-XQ-Coil
                Live in Southern N.E.? check out the CT Audio Society web site.

Comment

whereabouts is erse?
                  " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                  Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                  http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    whereabouts is erse?
                    On the other end of Ohio from P-E...

Comment

Working...
                    X