DIY Iowa Demo room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Iowa Demo room

Hey guys. For this year's Iowa DIY 2009 we were planning on having a second room set up to demo speakers and other gear that is not part of the actual competition. I was planning on providing a basic setup in there for electronics. Actually, I was hoping to get some equipment from a certain company, but for various reasons that hasn't materialized yet. So two questions: First, are folks still interested in having the demo room - and by that I mean does anyone actually intend to bring extra stuff to show off (speakers, subwoofers, cables, amps, etc)? And secondly, if people do want to have the demo room, does anyone have gear they would want to bring (CD player, receiver/pre/amp, cables, etc)? I'd be happy to bring my stuff, but it's farily mid-fi, so if anyone has "nice" stuff they'd want to haul, that would be cool.

Thanks
    Jason

Re: DIY Iowa Demo room

Jason: will provide a Cambridge Azur 840C CD player. If someone brings an amp, surge suppressor, and cables, we're set. My SS is fastened to the back of my audio rack, and would be difficult to remove.

Cheers / Robert

Comment

Very nice CDP, that will be great.

Thanks
      Jason

Comment

I'm gonna bring my tub buffer, a SI T-Amp and a set of small desktop speakers I'm working on.
        http://www.pacificvalve.us/YaqinTB.html

Comment

I can offer my Parasound HCA-1000A amp if needed. I'll also drag along a little 6DJ8 SRPP linestage.
          Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

Can bring my Kenwood Basic M2A amp (220W/Ch) as well as a basic surge protector and some ICs.

Comment

I also have a NAD 3155 integrated that still sounds nice if we don't have a pre.

Comment

Jason,

I am still planning to do measurements for anyone who wants them. If you are planning on using the room across the hall from the auditorium I can set up in there again this year.

Thanks,

Dennis

Comment

i think it would be very cool to have my entry measured. where abouts in iowa do you live?
                  " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                  Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                  http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    i think it would be very cool to have my entry measured.
                    +1
                    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

We are passionate about great sound at whatever level we can afford, so don't let the audio atheists reduce the experience to a set of numbers and squiggly lines. - jbruner

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                      Hey guys. For this year's Iowa DIY 2009 we were planning on having a second room set up to demo speakers and other gear that is not part of the actual competition. I was planning on providing a basic setup in there for electronics. Actually, I was hoping to get some equipment from a certain company, but for various reasons that hasn't materialized yet. So two questions: First, are folks still interested in having the demo room - and by that I mean does anyone actually intend to bring extra stuff to show off (speakers, subwoofers, cables, amps, etc)? And secondly, if people do want to have the demo room, does anyone have gear they would want to bring (CD player, receiver/pre/amp, cables, etc)? I'd be happy to bring my stuff, but it's farily mid-fi, so if anyone has "nice" stuff they'd want to haul, that would be cool.

Thanks
                      Jason
                      I will have an APA150 and connections, but it sounds like you're covered...
                      I'll have the Airbournes I won last year, and the MAX project in exhibition.
                      I'm game!
                      Wolf
                      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                      https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        i think it would be very cool to have my entry measured. where abouts in iowa do you live?
                        I live in Cedar Falls.

Dennis

Comment

On a side note, I thought I would also mention that several of the guys from Elemental Designs are going to be there. They are helping sponsor the event and I believe will be bringing along some of their products to show off - particularly related to their custom design services (i.e. design, CNC, fabrication).

Comment

Working...
                          X