Buy-out JAMO's on PE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy-out JAMO's on PE

Anyone see the JAMO buyouts lately? If I'm right they are new on PE? I was thinking the 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch woofers and either of those tweeters might make a decent pair of small bookshelf/desktop speakers on a real small budget. Or even MTM setup.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-940

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-902

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-953

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-900
    What's life without a little boom...

Re: Buy-out JAMO's on PE

line array!!!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Nelson View Post
      Anyone see the JAMO buyouts lately? If I'm right they are new on PE? I was thinking the 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch woofers and either of those tweeters might make a decent pair of small bookshelf/desktop speakers on a real small budget. Or even MTM setup.
      (My opinion)
      I took a quick look at the woofers, the free air resonant frequencies of those drivers is kind of high, relegating them to wide band midrange duty. Their Qts is high too, so you won't be able to port the enclosures either. You won't get very much bass.

Comment

(My opinion)
        I took a quick look at the woofers, the free air resonant frequencies of those drivers is kind of high, relegating them to wide band midrange duty. Their Qts is high too, so you won't be able to port the enclosures either. You won't get very much bass.
        Well, you could buy 16 of them and use them in a dipole arrangement, 8 per side....
        Brian Steele
        www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Steele View Post
          Well, you could buy 16 of them and use them in a dipole arrangement, 8 per side....
          Perhaps, but the original poster was thinking of a small desktop or bookshelf setup. 8 per side is kind of big for a bookshelf or a desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Nelson View Post
            They'd be fine to 100 Hz or so, making a sub a necessity. Good for satellites or surrounds.
            www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

(My opinion)
              Ya, I did notice that too. But for the price they would make a decent little pair of surrounds or even a cc. And yes sealed would be the way to go with these. I would definately use a subwoofer with these as well. I just noticed them this morning at work and started thinking of some ideas for them

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
                They'd be fine to 100 Hz or so, making a sub a necessity. Good for satellites or surrounds.
                Ya, that what I was thinking. I might give it ago, considering it would be ~20$ for drivers for two speakers.

Comment

Notice FOAM suspensions.
                  I was tired and got tired again so now I am Re tired.

Comment

foam will last 15 years or more.

Comment

I am not worried at all about foam surrounds. I will not likely own these 15 years from now either, at least I wouldn't hope ;). Most likely will just gift them to my brother for use as PC speakers or something. run them off of a T-amp.

Just looks like a fun project, probably wouldn't get to technical on the crossovers either. Do not need outstanding sound quality out of these.

Comment

Originally posted by philiparcario View Post
                        foam will last 15 years or more.
                        A lot more. Those foam surrounds from the 80s that are now rotted away weren't treated with the stabilizers that were introduced when the rotting problem became evident.
                        www.billfitzmaurice.com
                        www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

considering the sensitivity, would'nt they make a nice little mtm?
                          the tweeters are very nice looking.
                          " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                          Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                          http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

With some designs, they say foam actually has an advantage in the midrange... and with these being "bass shy", they should have fairly clean mids, and sound nice for low cost.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              considering the sensitivity, would'nt they make a nice little mtm?
                              the tweeters are very nice looking.
                              I was hoping someone would say that.

Comment

Working...
                              X