Advances in Loudspeaker Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advances in Loudspeaker Technology

A short article could never do this topic justice, but thought this may be of interest:

Re: Advances in Loudspeaker Technology

An enjoyable history lesson!

Comment

I read that in this month's Absolute Sound. It was an interesting article, sure, but in an article that length, quite a bit tends to get left out. There was no mention of new enclosure loading schemes like mass-loaded horns (Gemme Audio), tapped horns (Danley), and unity-horn (Danley) designs, and no mention of the return of good transmission-line speaker designs, even though those loading schemes are on the cutting edge of bass loading and horn design.
      Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

Very nice read. I have had the honor of listening to a few of the mentioned groud breaking speakers and he is correct... You do not forget them. In fact, to this day, other flaws aside, The spica TC50's throw a soundstage (when properly set up) that I still have yet to hear anything, at any price beat. Truly amazing.

Comment

Working...
        X