Come on Parts Express, stay ahead of the pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on Parts Express, stay ahead of the pack

It is my opinion that PE is the premier supplier to the DIY community. However, there is at least one area they fall short in and that is in listing fully detailed specs. I understand they can't do this for all buyouts, but for the regular stock items their specs sometimes have far less information than some of their competitors.

P.E., you have a strong following and powerful brand loyalty. Don't allow another company to outpace you.

Thanks!

Re: Come on Parts Express, stay ahead of the pack

Originally posted by rogoll View Post
    It is my opinion that PE is the premier supplier to the DIY community. However, there is at least one area they fall short in and that is in listing fully detailed specs. I understand they can't do this for all buyouts, but for the regular stock items their specs sometimes have far less information than some of their competitors.

P.E., you have a strong following and powerful brand loyalty. Don't allow another company to outpace you.

Thanks!
    Come on man, you cannot make a statement like that w/o examples. :rolleyes:

Comment

Yeah, examples please.

PE usually has a link to a pdf of the manufacturer's spec page... can't get much more thorough than that.

Comment

After further review, I humbly withdraw my comment.:o

Comment

You are banned for 10 seconds.

Okay, welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by lunchmoney View Post
            You are banned for 10 seconds.

Okay, welcome back.
            It's more than I can bear!!!:(

Comment

It PE fell behind in one area, IMNSHO it's reasonable shipping fees on smaller orders. Free on $100 worth of crap is great but $8 for even a small orders is a PITA. Like I want to start a project. Then I figure I might need $11 worth of parts 1/2-way thru that I forgot to order the first time. So, I don't want to pay $19 for $11 worth of parts. So, I never start the project.

Comment

Please list the part weight so I can compare speakers. SD would be nice too. Also check accuracy. SPL at 1M/1W and SPL at 2.83 volts are not the same thing. PartsExpress has the very best service. I had a problem with subwoofer amp and Eric gave me the very best help. Thanks a lot P.E. I will order again as soon as I get money.
                Ted
                I was tired and got tired again so now I am Re tired.

Comment

I hate having to pay big shipping charges on small stuff. It does seem like I ordered a pair if binding posts from PE one time and they threw them in a yellow envelope and mailed them for like $1.50, which was really nice and I appreciated it. But that may have changed, too many companies are happy to take advantage of a bit of extra profit margin on those little items. I can understand wanting to charge a buck to make them go hunt down that little item for what is probably not much profit, but still $8 or $9 shipping minimum is a bit excessive when you could put it in an envelope with 2 stamps on it. Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by learn2turn View Post
                    It PE fell behind in one area, IMNSHO it's reasonable shipping fees on smaller orders. Free on $100 worth of crap is great but $8 for even a small orders is a PITA. Like I want to start a project. Then I figure I might need $11 worth of parts 1/2-way thru that I forgot to order the first time. So, I don't want to pay $19 for $11 worth of parts. So, I never start the project.

I run a business that also includes a lot of shipping. We charge a flat $10 on any order, and people complain when they order small amounts and pay that, then receive it with a 3.85 or so Post Office tag on it - they want to withhold the difference of 6.15, but in all the time I have been doing this I have yet to have anyone send me 26 bucks extra when they see a $36.00 tag and they only paid $10

Even on the small stuff, I pay around $2 for packaging, have an employee whose job it is to pack all day and post a couple of times a day, gas, vehicle, self insurance costs, record keeping, and a bunch more. At best we break even on small stuff and lose around 8% on larger orders. We could just raise prices on everything by that amount, but then we would be penalizing our best customers! WE frequently find when a customer has an order in progress they will place additional orders and we take the time and effort to call them, ask if we can delay the first order and combine when the second is complete and credit them for the second shipping charge they already placed online. And we don't charge them for the long distance, office time, etc. I am sure PE has figured how little they can charge and still maintain a competetitive posture, and I am pretty sure they don't actually profit on shipping. Considering that labor and packaging costs are a big percentage of shipping charges and are virtually the same regardless of order value, you see the point. Try shipping 6 ft3 of free air and see what UPS wants for that (just to be over the top).

Man up, get some spares, and grin every time you hit "free shipping"!
                    When you run make sure you run,
                    to something not away from, cause lies don't need an aeroplane to chase you anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by biff View Post
                      I run a business that also includes a lot of shipping. We charge a flat $10 on any order, and people complain when they order small amounts and pay that, then receive it with a 3.85 or so Post Office tag on it - they want to withhold the difference of 6.15, but in all the time I have been doing this I have yet to have anyone send me 26 bucks extra when they see a $36.00 tag and they only paid $10

Even on the small stuff, I pay around $2 for packaging, have an employee whose job it is to pack all day and post a couple of times a day, gas, vehicle, self insurance costs, record keeping, and a bunch more. At best we break even on small stuff and lose around 8% on larger orders. We could just raise prices on everything by that amount, but then we would be penalizing our best customers! WE frequently find when a customer has an order in progress they will place additional orders and we take the time and effort to call them, ask if we can delay the first order and combine when the second is complete and credit them for the second shipping charge they already placed online. And we don't charge them for the long distance, office time, etc. I am sure PE has figured how little they can charge and still maintain a competetitive posture, and I am pretty sure they don't actually profit on shipping. Considering that labor and packaging costs are a big percentage of shipping charges and are virtually the same regardless of order value, you see the point. Try shipping 6 ft3 of free air and see what UPS wants for that (just to be over the top).

Man up, get some spares, and grin every time you hit "free shipping"!
                      Yeah, I imagine it was a response to complaints about shipping that cause PE to come up with the Free if over $98.00. Personally, I very much appreciate that bonus.

Comment

I think rogoll makes a valid point.

I had an experience such as stated in the opening post wrt the Dayton DVC8. There have been different sets of parameters listed for this driver (at the same time) that are not the same.

Parameters listed should represent currently available stock...and be edited to eliminate parameters for stock that is NLA.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=208006
                        Last edited by edlafontaine; 11-07-2009, 10:59 PM. Reason: add link to referenced thread
                        Mongo only pawn in game of life
                        ____
                        Ed

Comment

Originally posted by rogoll View Post
                          Yeah, I imagine it was a response to complaints about shipping that cause PE to come up with the Free if over $98.00. Personally, I very much appreciate that bonus.
                          I think they came up with the current shipping deal around February of this year, not too long after the economy tanked, to draw business. It will probably be retracted when things get turned around.....
                          Currently resigned to living in balmy Zephyrhills, FL with the snow birds.
                          Howard H

Comment

Originally posted by zhillsguy View Post
                            I think they came up with the current shipping deal around February of this year, not too long after the economy tanked, to draw business. It will probably be retracted when things get turned around.....
                            I wouldn't bet on it, they've done free shipping many times before, and the deals (and shipping cuts) that come with the "Days of Xmax" as it is known are quite nice.

NK
                            I'm just that guy. www.sru.edu Rock Solid.

"It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion."

L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

Comment

I'm one of those few weirdos who would call you and let you know if you under charged me by $26. I found a 24 case of soda in a Target parking lot. I put it in my back seat, then I thought about it for a minute, and I felt pretty bad. So I took it back out of my car, carried it into Target and to the service desk and told them that if anybody was looking for a 24 pack of soda they lost that it belonged to them. Now I'm sure Target just threw it back on the shelf and I was probably stupid for not just keeping it. But I couldn't. You can't really expect that from everyone tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X