Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tritrex with PE cabinet?

Hey all,

I'm attempting my first DIY speaker project, and I'd like to take a whack at assembling the Tritrex kit as a sealed speaker inside one of the PE enclosures. Do you guys think a .5 cubic foot cabinet would be big enough, or would I have to go with a .75? Would all the parts fit onto the front baffle in a .5?

Finally, I'd be curious to know if you guys think a sealed tritrex set would sound twice as good as a set of BR-1s (since that's the cost differential). I know that's a lame question, but take it for what it is :D

Thanks, and thanks also for building the best DIY speaker community on the net. It's been a pleasure reading through the posts over the past week.

J

Re: Tritrex with PE cabinet?

A .75 cab., would be recommended! Sealed would work if your going to use a sub quite abit. A ported version if not, with a 2" x 3" port for an F3 of 55Hz

The Tri Trix in my opinion is the better deal then the BR1

Comment

The problem with a Tritrix in a PE cabinet is that the cabinets are too wide... Tritrix is only 7" wide.... baffle width is important.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryanderson View Post
        A

The Tri Trix in my opinion is the better deal then the BR1
        +1

Tritrix spanks the BR-1, IMHO

Comment

Hello,
          I am also interested in the OP's question. I have been lurking as a "guest" for over a year now, and have been interested in my own "first project" for a while.
          My first experience with PE was ordering the "Tiny Mighty" a few years back. and have been looking ever since.
          I would love to do a sub and use the Tiny Mighty for secondary service in my modest basement theater. In looking, I have come accross the TriTrix many times and since everything is there, I think that would be my best foray into this new experience. I am partial to bookshelves and a sub, so I was thinking of the TriTrix as a larger bookshelf, similar to Axiom M22's. (either way, I would like to build a center as well, and the knockdown cab's would not do for a center.) My only caveat is the crossover, as I have no electrical experience, and most of the terminology seems way over my head, at this time...
          Are there any plans out there for a sealed bookshelf style, that one could build three matching?
          If I can't afford it...I don't need it

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin G. View Post
            Are there any plans out there for a sealed bookshelf style, that one could build three matching?
            http://www.geocities.com/cc00541/Tritrix_pg_1.html
            Mark
            My TriTrix Build
            My Core 2 Way Build
            My RSS315HF-4 Subwoofer Build

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin G. View Post
              My only caveat is the crossover, as I have no electrical experience, and most of the terminology seems way over my head, at this time...
              Fear not the crossover... the Tritrix crossover is quite simple, and Curt has even provided this diagram to make it extra simple... just learn some very basic soldering skills, and the rest is very easy...

Comment

Working...
              X