• joeybutts
    replied
    Re: TriTrix LCR Build

Looking sweet!

Leave a comment:

• MrkCrwly
    replied

The basic boxes and baffles are constructed so I am ready to route the speaker openings. For a jig I took a 3/4" mdf scrap and used a 5/8" forstner bit to drill a hole 1/2" deep. The 5/8" hole provides a snug fit for the router bushing that uses my 1/2" straight cutting bit. I needed a 5 3/4" diameter recess so I drilled a center hole 2 5/8" away from the center of the 5/8" hole and used a binding post to spin the template around. The first plunge will cut a 1/2" hole thru the balance of the 3/4" mdf and provide the zero clearance needed to minimize splintering.

Center channel baffle with homemade circle jig.

Jig as it fits on baffle. Right 5/8" hole is what was used.

Inside of L/R baffle.

Outside of L/R baffle.

Leave a comment:

• MrkCrwly
    replied

Here are a few new pictures of the progress on my build.

LCR MDF boxes. Decided to go with removable backs.

Solid oak center baffle glued.

Left and right oak baffles ready for glue up.

Closeup of how walnut accents and openings are added.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• dheafey
    replied

Ahh, how good it is to have a biscuit joiner!!

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

Those are going to look dynamite!

Leave a comment:

• MrkCrwly
    started a topic TriTrix LCR Build

TriTrix LCR Build

This thread will document my build of three TriTrix Speakers. The speakers will all be the 10 liter sealed version as designed by Curt Campbell. Please visit Curt's web site for detailed informaton on this popular design: http://speakerdesignworks.com/ I want to thank Curt and everyone on this site for your help and letting me steal your ideas.

Here is the link to the speakers in the Project Speaker Gallery: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=217184

This is the concept for the left and right speakers. This is basically the standard sealed design with a 1" wider baffle.

Here is the concept for the center channel. It's dimensions follow the 10 liter standard design by Curt.

Glue up of center channel 3/4" mdf box.

Baltic Birch ply to be laminated that will provide the core of the L/R bases.

L/R mdf box pieces. Unlike CKMoore my shop has sawdust. (Saftey equipment was left off for documentation purposes. Do not try this at home unless you are an idiot like me.)

Bottom of one of the L/R 3/4" mdf boxes ready for glue.

Top of L/R box.

Glue up of one of the L/R boxes. Thanks to Lunch, I pulled out my 1960's corner clamps.

More to come.
    Mark
    Last edited by MrkCrwly; 04-12-2010, 04:30 PM.
Working...
X