X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mayhem13
    Seasoned Veteran
    • Jun 2008

Re: Flex Your PCD Mettle:

I too am inpressed with the RS28F's abilities down low. It looks like we'll have at least two variants to compare on the QSC guide, the RS28F and the SB29. I'd have to say in this application i'll pass on the DX25 as we're going to have to cross lower than 2k to match the directivity of the WG to the 10" midwoofer and the DX25 ain't so pretty below 2k distortion wise. It IS a budget minded option though as it's about half the price of the RS and SB. I do have two of the QSC guides if someone want's to donate a DX25 for adapting. The waveguide DOES have the ability to make the dome perform much more efficiently in the lower ocatve and HD does drop considerably....all of which can be seen in Zaph's original work with the 27TDFC and the 6.5" MCM guide. Can it clean up the DX? Only measurements can tell. It does handle quite a bit of power, that's for sure.

I've been relatively excited about this type of 2way for quite some time and Zilch's measurments of the Deltalight 10" confirm what i've been hoping....a high efficiency,high power handling, low HD and relatively flat inexpensive 10" pro woofer is available for an acceptably sized two way.....and it'll extend below THX spec in a fairly small ported box to boot! Imagine the capabilities of said 2way with an inexpensive 5.1 AVR.

Comment

• brookbh
      • Apr 2010

There is a 96db at 1w/1m dome tweeter offered by gr-research. It is fairly reasonable, but as far as quality and its ability to play low, I am not sure of. I am sure there is a compromise somewhere, since I have never seen a dome tweet with that sensitivity manufactured by a reputable brand.

Comment

• penngray
        Midrange Member
        • Feb 2009

Do you have a link for that tweeter?

Comment

• brookbh
          • Apr 2010

Comment

• buzzardmountain
            • May 2010

Forgive me if this has been mentioned.......what's the recommended wattage range for the Econowave Deluxe??

Comment

• Pete Schumacher
              Obsessed & Proud of It
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by buzzardmountain
              Forgive me if this has been mentioned.......what's the recommended wattage range for the Econowave Deluxe??
              the more the better. I'd suggest 250W to prevent you from sending any clipped signal to the speaker. But a 100W amp will still get them to play quite loud.
              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
              Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

• buzzardmountain
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Pete Schumacher ®
                the more the better. I'd suggest 250W to prevent you from sending any clipped signal to the speaker. But a 100W amp will still get them to play quite loud.
                Awesome.....thanks for the quick response.

Have an amp around the 250W you'd suggest/recommend?

Edit: Sorry for the noobish questions which looks as if I don't want to do any searching on my own. I need to build these econowaves by the 15th of this month......just in a hurry, that's all.

Comment

• Zilch
                  Seasoned Veteran
                  • Jun 2008

[I run them on 40W here.... :p ]

Comment

• fastbike1
                    Seasoned Veteran
                    • Mar 2010

One of my favorites is the Kenwood Basic M2 or M2A. If you want new look for a Parasound 2250.

Originally posted by buzzardmountain
                    Awesome.....thanks for the quick response.

Have an amp around the 250W you'd suggest/recommend?

Edit: Sorry for the noobish questions which looks as if I don't want to do any searching on my own. I need to build these econowaves by the 15th of this month......just in a hurry, that's all.
                    I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
                    OS MTMs http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=220388
                    Swope TM http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=221818
                    Econowave and Audio Nirvana AN10 fullrange http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=216841
                    Imperial Russian Stouts http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...=1#post1840444
                    LECBOS. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ghlight=lecbos

Comment

• Zilch
                      Seasoned Veteran
                      • Jun 2008

First "third-party" EconoWave Deluxe build -- HT mains:

Fully described in this AVScience Forum thread:

Originally posted by greg_mitch, DIY builder
                      The initial listening impressions are very favorable and the detail in these for movies (about 10 minutes of listening so far) is insane!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Zilch; 05-16-2010, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• dantheman
                        Seasoned Veteran
                        • Mar 2007

That's a very cool look. Reminds me of JBL theater speakers. I don't forsee him missing his old speakers.
                        "guitar polygamy is a satisfying and socially acceptable alternative lifestyle."~Tony Woolley
                        http://dtmblabber.blogspot.com/
                        http://soundcloud.com/dantheman-10

Comment

• scitizen17
                          • Nov 2009

With regards to the Deltalite 2510, here is my ported design using the 1.38TW horn tweeter. The cabinet is a little over 2 cu. ft. The crossover I designed is a passive 12dB Linkwitz-Riley alignment with zobel network for the woofer, and tweeter compensation/l-pad circuit. I am pushing these with a 7-watt SET amp. The bass response is quite surprising considering the specs for the 2510. As soon as my Dayton EMM-6 arrives I will plot these and post the results.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Zilch
                            Seasoned Veteran
                            • Jun 2008

Looking forward to seeing the data posted here.

I am unfamiliar with that horn. May we have a link, please?

Comment

• daveh
                              Midrange Member
                              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Zilch
                              Looking forward to seeing the data posted here.

I am unfamiliar with that horn. May we have a link, please?
                              Looks like it might be this one... Ciare 1.38TW

DaveH

Comment

• scitizen17
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by daveh
                                Looks like it might be this one... Ciare 1.38TW

DaveH
                                That is correct. It is the Ciare 1.38TW.

Ciare realizza altoparlanti e impianti di diffusione acustica, è sinonimo di qualità, efficienza e affidabilità

Comment

Working...