Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little teaser

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A little teaser

    I thought I would post a littel progress reprot on one of my up coming designes I mentioned a few monts back. This one should be at the next DIY New England in the fall. It is called the NaO Note. It is designed to provide imporved dipoel respons to higher frequencies than other current dipole designed. He is a link to the preview page. http://www.musicanddesign.com/NaO_Note_Previews.html
    John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

  • #2
    Re: A little teaser

    Originally posted by johnk... View Post
    I thought I would post a littel progress reprot on one of my up coming designes I mentioned a few monts back. This one should be at the next DIY New England in the fall. It is called the NaO Note. It is designed to provide imporved dipoel respons to higher frequencies than other current dipole designed. He is a link to the preview page. http://www.musicanddesign.com/NaO_Note_Previews.html
    Great spelling John.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A little teaser

      Originally posted by johnk... View Post
      I thought I would post a littel progress reprot on one of my up coming designes I mentioned a few monts back. This one should be at the next DIY New England in the fall. It is called the NaO Note. It is designed to provide imporved dipoel respons to higher frequencies than other current dipole designed. He is a link to the preview page. http://www.musicanddesign.com/NaO_Note_Previews.html
      I'll be paying close attention. I still plan on trying out a dipole of some kind. With the weather improving, it'll be pleasant again for work in the garage.

      dlr
      WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

      Dave's Speaker Pages

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A little teaser

        Very impressive John. -But then all of your design are impressive. :D

        C
        Curt's Speaker Design Works

        "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
        - Aristotle

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A little teaser

          Great spelling John.
          Spell check just can catch all my typos. And with my typing skills I lucky to get the work in the correct order let alone the letters.
          John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A little teaser

            Not to pile on, but I'm doubting that you really mean "propitiatory" on the "preview page" . . .
            "It suggests that there is something that is happening in the real system that is not quite captured in the models."

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A little teaser

              Hi John,

              I too am looking forwards to this. I think that there is improvement to be made by getting the dipole response pushed up in frequency up to 3-5k or higher. Although how much isn't clear.

              I am curious to see the driver and baffle arrangement that's getting you up this high. You know, I haven't cut my new dipole baffle yet...:D
              audioheuristics isn't around right now...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A little teaser

                It *is* a nice "tease" . . . I'm looking forward to seeing how the pattern holds up to the rear and on the vertical axis . . . (and how you've done it) . . .
                "It suggests that there is something that is happening in the real system that is not quite captured in the models."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A little teaser

                  Interesting.

                  Since this seems to be a branded thing, John, how do you pronounce your NaO line? "En-Ay-Oh"? "Now?" Just curious, because my mind just sort of trips over itself whenever I see "NaO".

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A little teaser

                    ...for years I have thoroughly enjoyed JK's special talent for the typed word! From the Madisound days back in the early 2000's to today on the this board, I just can't help but chuckle. (I mean that with all due respect and admire JK's designs and scientific approach to speaker designs).

                    You just keep typing JK....I can figure it out!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A little teaser

                      Originally posted by Deward Hastings View Post
                      Not to pile on, but I'm doubting that you really mean "propitiatory" on the "preview page" . . .
                      Thanks Deward. Now that's a case of the double wammy. First I misspell it, then I click on the wrong correction form the spell checker. Nimble fingers I have not!

                      That's why I prefer math. With math you can say "partial derivative with respect to x" with just 4 characters, ∂/∂x, and it I make a mistake, nobody knows what I'm talking about anyway.
                      John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A little teaser

                        Originally posted by SPaul View Post
                        ...for years I have thoroughly enjoyed JK's special talent for the typed word! From the Madisound days back in the early 2000's to today on the this board, I just can't help but chuckle. (I mean that with all due respect and admire JK's designs and scientific approach to speaker designs).

                        You just keep typing JK....I can figure it out!

                        That was before I discovered the ieSpell Add on.
                        John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A little teaser

                          Originally posted by Dirk View Post
                          Interesting.

                          Since this seems to be a branded thing, John, how do you pronounce your NaO line? "En-Ay-Oh"? "Now?" Just curious, because my mind just sort of trips over itself whenever I see "NaO".
                          I say "Nay Oh".

                          However, nao with the little ~ over the 'a' is Portuguese (my long time female companion is Portuguese) for 'no' or 'not', as in 'Not in a box', and is pronounced like 'nown' (town with a n). On the other hand, NAO is also an acronym for North Atlantic Oscillation, which interestingly enough is an atmospheric pressure condition which forms a dipole pattern . And then, going way back, I coined it as Not (N) Another (a) Orion (O) as I designed the original NaO in response to the Orion as a simpler system with the benefit of a higher mid/tweeter crossover, a rear tweeter and greater low frequency SPL capability.
                          John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: A little teaser

                            Originally posted by johnk... View Post
                            I say "Nay Oh".

                            However, nao with the little ~ over the 'a' is Portuguese (my long time female companion is Portuguese) for 'no' or 'not', as in 'Not in a box', and is pronounced like 'nown' (town with a n). On the other hand, NAO is also an acronym for North Atlantic Oscillation, which interestingly enough is an atmospheric pressure condition which forms a dipole pattern . And then, going way back, I coined it as Not (N) Another (a) Orion (O) as I designed the original NaO in response to the Orion as a simpler system with the benefit of a higher mid/tweeter crossover, a rear tweeter and greater low frequency SPL capability.
                            Well, that certainly clears THAT up! :D

                            I too have enjoyed your typing skills (and the knowledge you so willingly share) for years, and I can certainly relate. I'm usually thinking several words/phrases ahead and let my muscle memory/hind brain whatever, figure out what to do with my fingers. Apparently my fingers never learned grammar how to spell...

                            C

                            No words were injured or killed during the typing of this post, but about half of them had little red squiggly lines underneath them for a while...
                            Curt's Speaker Design Works

                            "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
                            - Aristotle

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: A little teaser

                              Originally posted by johnk... View Post
                              I say "Nay Oh".

                              However, nao with the little ~ over the 'a' is Portuguese (my long time female companion is Portuguese) for 'no' or 'not', as in 'Not in a box', and is pronounced like 'nown' (town with a n). On the other hand, NAO is also an acronym for North Atlantic Oscillation, which interestingly enough is an atmospheric pressure condition which forms a dipole pattern . And then, going way back, I coined it as Not (N) Another (a) Orion (O) as I designed the original NaO in response to the Orion as a simpler system with the benefit of a higher mid/tweeter crossover, a rear tweeter and greater low frequency SPL capability.

                              In Jamaica, they say "Day-O"
                              The Banana Boat Song!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X