Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear the Clearwave (JedK) M5W (and like it)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hear the Clearwave (JedK) M5W (and like it)?

Almost a rhetorical question because I'm sure the combination of components (Vifa XT25 tweeter, SB Acoustics SB15NRXC30-8 mid, Dayton RSS270 woofer) and a competent crossover means a great speaker! It looks like the ideal choice for my new HT LR mains based on my desires for a loud 3-way tower with detailed midrange and the COOL looking Vifa XT25 tweeter! I'm just hoping for someone who's actually experienced them to give me some impressions. Colorful, preferably! ;) Link---- http://clearwaveloudspeaker.com/M5W/M5W.html

Re: Anyone hear the Clearwave (JedK) M5W (and like it)?

I didn't build that particular speaker from Jed, but I did build his ScanSpeak/SB Accoustics RBR design last autumn, and it impressed me beyond board-approved words. I still need to finish it (I have to paint the baffle), but I spent plenty of time with it this past winter just enjoying music.

I wouldn't blink an eye ordering one of his designs based on my positive experience with that speaker.
    Bill Schneider
    -+-+-+-+-
    www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

The XT25 is one of my favorites thus far.
      It just sounds very good!
      Later,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

+1 on the RBR by Jed. What a nice speaker, what a bargain.

Comment

Everything I've heard from Jed is superb. He really is meticulous in getting things right.

+1 what Wolf said, the XT25 is a very nice tweeter. Maybe not the best off-axis performance, but who listens off axis?
          R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
          Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
          "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

it does look like a killer kit at a rediculously low price. I've always been interested in it, just no room for more speakers now.

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. Anyone know of any other comparable proven 3-way designs?

Comment

Working...
              X