clearance center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clearance center

Is it just me, or is the new PE "clearance center" a little awkward to find what you want?

Re: clearance center

Flash is terrible and needs to be outlawed, and WTF? Where are the easily navigable categories? I click on the HTML version and it gives me the option to pick from every conceivable item?

Sorry PE, big step backwards.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Can't lie. I wanted to post this thread when it came out.

I hate the Clearance Center format now.
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

couldn't agree more. for some reason, a lot of "e-commerce" websites don't seem to get that flashy (no pun intended) and gimmicky usually isn't better. simple and straight forward with good indexing for categories and drill down filters is the way to go, in my book. something like newegg should be the product browsing/searching standard that others strive to imitate. PE isn't far behind with the rest of their site. shame they took the clearance part in the wrong direction.

Comment

Yes, PLEASE bring back the old version! Turning pages was cool years ago....then people realized it was a PITA for shoppers!!!
          Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

+1. flash is terrible. i want to browse a website with minimal strain on my processor, not flip virtual pages in a tiny, low-resolution book, or use a clumsy virtual magnifying glass to see if i want to launch another browser window to look at a product.

the main website is great. only wish was that once you went down one category (say 6" woofer) that on the left you'd have similar categories handy (say, 5.25" woofers and 6.5" woofers or something) w/o having to go all the way back up.
            TM (RS125/TB25-302), TM RS150S / Vifa BC25SC06, RS150-4 / Vifa ML-TL, 3CR-AL Ultra Budget: Electric Blue TM, TMM, MTM, Dragonflies , Mounties: Mini HT Satellite,sub for minions

Comment

+1. I already hated the online magazine format, let alone trying to shop for anything in one.

The page-turning Clearance Center needs two-to-the-head.
              Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

Agreed with everyone.

PE, just give us a standard list, with the option of sorting by "recent additions," and it'll be great.

Comment

Originally posted by DS-21 View Post
                  Agreed with everyone.

PE, just give us a standard list, with the option of sorting by "recent additions," and it'll be great.
                  YES. RECENT ADDITIONS would be awesome. PLEASE? :o
                  Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

When the clearance center opened I spent about two seconds before I exited and gave up, and I'm a patient guy.

Comment

Ditto! Bag the flash.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                        Flash is terrible...
                        Originally posted by absolootbs View Post
                        ...flashy (no Pun Intended) And Gimmicky Usually Isn't Better. Simple And Straight Forward With Good Indexing For Categories And Drill Down Filters Is The Way To Go...
                        +1 on both

"Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                        of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
                        - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
                        A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
                        (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

PE Improvements needed

Ditto all of these comments. I thought I was the only one that didn't like "Gee Whiz". I hate Flash and would turn it off if PE didn't require it for DODT.

I like to view everything on one continuous page with RECENT ADDITIONS on top or priced low to high. There used to be a cookie to save preferences but it is gone now.

DEAL Of The Day needs to hang around longer to give us a better chance to buy more than one at a time. Show the last 5 deals with the most recent on the left.

I love PE.
                          Ted
                          I was tired and got tired again so now I am Re tired.

Comment

Definitely a step backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by cooper View Post
                              Is it just me, or is the new PE "clearance center" a little awkward to find what you want?
                              Gawd, what a mess... looks like something some college grad came up with!!
                              :p

Comment

Working...
                              X