Leave a comment:

• Drjay
    replied
    I built one and it was OK, but I agree with Tom's comment above 100%

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    I did awhile back.
    This is about 8 liters. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has tried it...
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...roject-writeup
    My opinion is that a pair might work, but one in 8 liters just sort of 'teased' me a bit. It did the deed, just a bit too low in volume to satisfy enough for my tastes.
    You'd be a LOT better off looking at the Voxel Subwoofer by Paul Carmody I think...it's crazy good for the size and can play loud enough to really scratch the bass itch.
    TomZ

Leave a comment:

• bsl100
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bullittstang
    replied
    Not Chris, but click on his name, then click on "media" tab and the Nano Neo's/NTN's are the last of three links. Should give you everything you need. BTW, good choice, they are a great set of speakers.

Leave a comment:

• viki_v2
    replied
    Hello,Chris. Very nice speakers. Just what i was looking to pair with my led tv. I would like to build the ntns, Kidly guide me to crossover link if possible or else i have to read all 50 pages.

Leave a comment:

• cooper
    replied
    Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

Lithium. Thanks Chris. Just found the thread.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied

Oops, sorry.
    Lithium?

Leave a comment:

• cooper
    replied

The Helium, IIRC, uses the ND91-4 in the knock down PE 0.04' cab. Was wondering if I could get away with something like 0.12' for the 105.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied

The "Helium"? (I THINK that one uses the 105-4?)

Leave a comment:

• cooper
    replied

Chris - you having worked extensively with the ND105-4, I was wondering what, in your opinion, would be the smallest enclosure for a vented alignment.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied

You are welcome. And thank YOU for building this design. 158,000 views I see.

Leave a comment:

• fixthedoor
    replied
    My Nano Neos, errr one of them anyway:

I built them in Feb, but finally got around to finishing them. They are built to Chris' specs. I used mattress topper in the top of the enclosure and Roxul on the bottom. Cabinet is comprised of: Walnut ply for the sides, top and bottom, Birch ply for the rear, and solid Mahogany for the front.

Front baffle is finished with a couple coats of DIY vinegar stain, 1 coat of Dark Walnut Danish Oil, 1 coat of Merlot, wetsanded and then a couple coats of wipe on poly. I didn't like the way the Merlot stain looked so I sanded most of it off and left it for the reclaimed wood look. The rest of the enclosure was finished with a couple coats of DIY vinegar stain, 1 coat of Dark Walnut Danish Oil, wetsanded and a couple coats of wipe on poly.

I went into the build wanting to experiment with finishes and to incorporate a floating solid wood front baffle. The DIY vinegar stain and wipe on poly were new finishes for me. Both were nice to work with and I plan to incorporate them in future projects. More red on the front baffle would be nice, but they match our furniture as is, so I'll leave them be.

Sound is awesome. For music, I typically leave the sub off at lower to medium volumes and on a lot of the music I listen to, I hardly notice the sub is missing. Thanks Chris for a sweet design!

Leave a comment:

• Herman Trivilino
    replied
    Re: for agroover

Take a look at the way these were done. It's a different design, but makes use of drivers with the same mounting flanges.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...63#post2038863

A few posts later in that thread Andy describes the techniques he used.

Leave a comment:

• fixthedoor
    replied
    Re: for agroover

What problems would recessing the tweeter on these cause?

I'm planning to build a sandwich front baffle to hide the frame of the ND105 (1/4" Baffle > Drivers > 3/4" Baffle). The openings for the drivers on the 1/4" baffle would be rounded over. My thoughts were to mount the drivers on the 3/4" baffle to keep the same time alignment.

Thanks!
    - P

Leave a comment:

Working...
X