Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

    Well, I was planning to start assembling the crossovers for the ntn's and realized I somehow ordered some wrong parts!!! I have 5.1uF caps instead of 5.6uF caps and also 2.2 ohm resistors instead of 2 ohm resistors!

    Oh well, I guess I gotta order some new parts...

    Comment


    • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

      Make sure it was your mistake, not theirs. Recently they've been doing that kind of thing.

      Also, you may be able to find caps at a local electronics store. Save you the shipping costs and the time.

      Comment


      • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

        Yeah, it was my mistake. I double-checked the shipping invoice.

        I think there's still a place in Atlanta that sells speaker and crossover parts. I'll see if they are still around.

        Comment


        • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

          Originally posted by brianbunge View Post
          Yeah, it was my mistake. I double-checked the shipping invoice.

          I think there's still a place in Atlanta that sells speaker and crossover parts. I'll see if they are still around.
          Well, you wouldn't hurt anything using the parts you got. The resistor on the L-pad would make the tweeter very slightly louder. You could always parallel the 2.2n with a 22n later (or a 25n or even a 20n) to get a final 2.0 ohms.

          The 5.1uF cap would roll the tweeter off slightly higher. You could parallel it with a 0.5uF later on.

          Comment


          • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

            Chris, on the mt version, will this port be okay:

            http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=260-388


            The Overnight mtm's have 2 of them. Can 2 be used fro your mt, or should I have the CNC company cut a different rear panel?

            Comment


            • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

              Originally posted by Erich H View Post
              Chris, on the mt version, will this port be okay:

              http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=260-388


              The Overnight mtm's have 2 of them. Can 2 be used fro your mt, or should I have the CNC company cut a different rear panel?
              By my UniBoxing, two of those would require each to be over 13in long. I don't think that is going to work.

              I like two of these . . .
              http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=260-402
              . . . tape them end to end to get a 1.5in by 8in flared on both ends. This of course would require a different back.

              Comment


              • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

                Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                Well, you wouldn't hurt anything using the parts you got. The resistor on the L-pad would make the tweeter very slightly louder. You could always parallel the 2.2n with a 22n later (or a 25n or even a 20n) to get a final 2.0 ohms.

                The 5.1uF cap would roll the tweeter off slightly higher. You could parallel it with a 0.5uF later on.
                I may have some small caps that I ordered from Madisound years ago. Hopefully that will work to get the right value. I can't remember if I brought the stash home with me or left them at my dad's where the speaker cabinets are. I'll take a look in the next few days. I might even have some resistors laying around that will work.

                Comment


                • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

                  Just a quick post to bump the "Replies" number to a less evil number
                  Craig

                  I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

                  Comment


                  • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

                    Chris,

                    Could you suggest slot port dimensions for the .3 cu ft box?

                    Comment


                    • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

                      Originally posted by honfatboy View Post
                      Chris,

                      Could you suggest slot port dimensions for the .3 cu ft box?
                      Why, according to my calculator, a 0.40" high slot, the internal width of the cab (4-3/8") that was 7" long (deep) should be equivalent to the 1.5"id x 7" cardboard tube I used. A slot that thin might chuff a lot though, even worse to put it on the front.

                      A better bet though, would be to model it with WinISD from www.linearteam.org

                      Chris

                      Comment


                      • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

                        Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                        Why, according to my calculator, a 0.40" high slot, the internal width of the cab (4-3/8") that was 7" long (deep) should be equivalent to the 1.5"id x 7" cardboard tube I used. A slot that thin might chuff a lot though, even worse to put it on the front.

                        A better bet though, would be to model it with WinISD from www.linearteam.org

                        Chris
                        Thanks for the advice.

                        I don't have access to a Windows machine. Speaker designing on a Mac seems to be impossible. :(

                        Comment


                        • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

                          Originally posted by honfatboy View Post
                          Thanks for the advice.

                          I don't have access to a Windows machine. Speaker designing on a Mac seems to be impossible. :(
                          Yup. Macs were never really intended for doing any real science on. In fact, they're sorta geared toward anti-science, free-form, if it doesn't quite work right, "no problem, I'll try it over" types.

                          I was forced onto one where I work a couple years ago, and it's been going steadily down-hill ever since.

                          Chris

                          Comment


                          • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

                            Hahahaha!!! That's too funny. I haven't messed with one, since I was playing Oregon Trail off a 5.25" Floppy haha

                            रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                            return to the source
                            leviathan system thread
                            deadhorse thread
                            shockwave build thread

                            instagram :: greywarden_13

                            in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

                            Comment


                            • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

                              Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
                              Yup. Macs were never really intended for doing any real science on. In fact, they're sorta geared toward anti-science, free-form, if it doesn't quite work right, "no problem, I'll try it over" types.

                              I was forced onto one where I work a couple years ago, and it's been going steadily down-hill ever since.

                              Chris
                              But they're SILVER...so there.

                              Comment


                              • Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

                                Chris, I got a call from the CNC company about the flat packs. Does the woofer need to be recessed? The tweeter will be of course, but he said the woofer flange is so thin, the recess would only be about 1.5mm.

                                Is that worth doing?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X