Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

Originally posted by fastbike1 View Post
    www.diysoundgroup.com has flat packs and kits if that appeals to you.
    That is where I saw the design and got my interest piqued. I would rather build them myself, plus shipping and duty to Canada always hurts the wallet too much
    See my projects on Instagram and Facebook

Comment

Would it be possible to use the 5inch peerless passive radiator with the nano neo?
      I would like to do a set of five to use as surround sound for my pc so would prefer the enclosure as small as possible.

Comment

Would it be possible to use the 5inch peerless passive radiator with the nano neo?
        I would like to do a set of five to use as surround sound for my pc so would prefer the enclosure as small as possible.

Comment

You can probably substitute 1 or 2 PRs for the vent. You will want to check the excursion on the PR. The travel needs to be greater than the nd105s to work.

Originally posted by deafaudiofile View Post
          I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
          OS MTMs http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=220388
          Swope TM http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=221818
          Econowave and Audio Nirvana AN10 fullrange http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=216841
          Imperial Russian Stouts http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...=1#post1840444
          LECBOS. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ghlight=lecbos

Comment

pm reply (brief - unnecessary expense, since the tube fits in there fine)

Comment

I'm finally finishing these tomorrow. My dad and I built 4 towers and two center channels. I know the design is not optimized for this but our setups will put us pretty much on axis with the tweeter. My only question is this: how much stuffing was used in the enclosures? Can we get away with just a few ounces in each cabinet? The external volume of all of the cabinets are pretty much to spec.

Thanks again for this design. I'm glad I can finally finish them. These may be the last speakers I build for several years.

Comment

I'm finally finishing these tomorrow. My dad and I built 4 towers and two center channels for the ntn's. I know the design is not optimized for this but our setups will put us pretty much on axis with the tweeter. My only question is this: how much stuffing was used in the enclosures? Can we get away with just a few ounces in each cabinet? The external volume of all of the cabinets are pretty much to spec.

Thanks again for this design. I'm glad I can finally finish them. These may be the last speakers I build for several years.

Comment

I've never stuffed vented boxes. I just line most interior walls (within reason) with something like Wal*Mart's "mattress topper" (convoluted foam).

Comment

Ok cool. Thanks!

Comment

Lets see some pictures Brian!

Comment

Got these finished a few weeks ago!

Comment

Looks great! Did you build the stereo cabinet as well or just paint it to match?

Comment

My dad built the cabinet for me. I traded him my old Dayton RS15" HO sealed sub and amp for it.

Comment

Thumbs up? How'd your dad like them?

Comment

We both really enjoy them. When we started building them forever ago I was in a different place that had a bigger wall so that's why these are so close together. Paired with a little Cerberus sub they do everything I need them to in a bedroom. They'd even be great in a medium-sized living room with a bigger sub.

The Cerberus I got when I traded some drivers for it. It just happens to match some little maple speakers I gave my daughter so it'll go in her room after my dad builds me a new one that matches these speakers. I'll be mounting it downfiring with taller spikes, sort of like a Rega Vulcan sub I saw years ago that's about the same size.

Anyway, here's a pic of my and my dad's towers together.

Comment

Working...
                                X