• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Re: on Sale - $55/pr (drivers & XO)

Originally posted by cliffburge View Post
    Well I got the my version of the ntn's built for a center channel and of course it too sounds good. It is ported with the port on one of the sides. It is built with the newest crossover from Chris's album. I set it up and moved around the room and the off axis seems good to me- probably everyone will be able to hear the center channel. It is so wide because there was not too much depth where I had to put it. The port is in the left hand side, and it has a removable panel on the back on the right to access the crossover... Ohh and don't mind my temporary wiring mess.......

Cliff
    I had to chuckle when I saw how you canted the woofers, but your layout seems very logical. How high is that box, and could it have been even less?

Leave a comment:

• cliffburge
    replied

Well I got the my version of the ntn's built for a center channel and of course it too sounds good. It is ported with the port on one of the sides. It is built with the newest crossover from Chris's album. I set it up and moved around the room and the off axis seems good to me- probably everyone will be able to hear the center channel. It is so wide because there was not too much depth where I had to put it. The port is in the left hand side, and it has a removable panel on the back on the right to access the crossover... Ohh and don't mind my temporary wiring mess.......

Cliff
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• XtremeRevolution
    replied

Originally posted by fastbike1 View Post
    The sides are long enough that it wouldn't hurt to put a couple of braces in. They don't need to be elaborate. Dowel or strips will be fine.
    Alright, I'll do just that and compensate for the volume by adding height.

I'm at a slight dilemma. I was just offered $300 for my pair of Polk Audio RM40T's. These retailed for $1150, but I got them for significantly less. These NTN's are costing me roughly $175 with everything included. If I sell the RM40T's, I can build two pairs of these for nearly the same cost; one for my father in law and one for myself.

What would you guys do? Have any of you even heard the RM40T's to compare to these?

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/p.../recent/rm40t/

Leave a comment:

• DIYNut42
    replied

Got started on my Nanos yesterday! Had to call PE though due to one of the resistors being broken almost in half. By the time it gets here I'm hoping to be half done. I will make a thread when I get time.

Leave a comment:

• fastbike1
    replied

The sides are long enough that it wouldn't hurt to put a couple of braces in. They don't need to be elaborate. Dowel or strips will be fine.

Originally posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    If using 3/4" MDF all around for the floorstanding .55 cubic foot design for the ntn's, would bracing be required?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X