Peerless 6 woofer 3-way under way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Peerless 6 woofer 3-way under way

I love your recess method. Geeze. I could have done that myself with my 830874 but alas. I would never have thought of it.

Comment

Originally posted by richard t View Post
      I love your recess method. Geeze. I could have done that myself with my 830874 but alas. I would never have thought of it.
      I do take PayPal if you decide to use that method . . . :p
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
      Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Comment

I do take PayPal if you decide to use that method . . . :p
          I forget where, but I saw somebody else do that a few years ago. Any time I see somebody else use it I'm happy though because I had forgot about it and I want to remember to do that myself someday... Most of the time, I'd just flush mount those Peerless HDS drivers, but I do just have to try that method of countersinking them someday...
          "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Originally posted by critofur View Post
            I forget where, but I saw somebody else do that a few years ago. Any time I see somebody else use it I'm happy though because I had forgot about it and I want to remember to do that myself someday... Most of the time, I'd just flush mount those Peerless HDS drivers, but I do just have to try that method of countersinking them someday...
            It is really easy too, and the final look ain't all that bad if you don't mind oak quarter rounds.
            R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
            Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

"Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

http://www.menards.com/main/home-dec...249-c-7621.htm
              For the painted baffles.

Comment

Pete, your builds always look great. I just read this thread in its entirety. You have some mad skills.
                1: Sony DVP-S7000 | Denon DVD-2900 | Laptop > Parasound Zdac > Denon AVR-5700 > Focal 826V | Def Tech BP2000 | (2) DIY 15" Subs

Comment

It is really easy too, and the final look ain't all that bad if you don't mind oak quarter rounds.
                  Oh, well there's no need to use rounds, if you have a 3/4" roundover bit or a 45 degree chamfer bit. You just build the box with the sides on the outside rather than the front on the outside the way I normally do...
                  "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Originally posted by critofur View Post
                    Oh, well there's no need to use rounds, if you have a 3/4" roundover bit or a 45 degree chamfer bit. You just build the box with the sides on the outside rather than the front on the outside the way I normally do...
                    Doing it that way leaves a seam on the front face which is nearly impossible to keep from telegraphing through a paint job. But, it is a valid way to create the recess easily, that's for sure.

Comment

Interesting
                      Hail Cork Master , The master of the cork, He knows which Wine goes with Fish or Pork!

Comment

Working...
                      X