replied
    Re: Peerless 6 woofer 3-way under way

Interesting

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by critofur View Post
    Oh, well there's no need to use rounds, if you have a 3/4" roundover bit or a 45 degree chamfer bit. You just build the box with the sides on the outside rather than the front on the outside the way I normally do...
    Doing it that way leaves a seam on the front face which is nearly impossible to keep from telegraphing through a paint job. But, it is a valid way to create the recess easily, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• critofur
    replied

It is really easy too, and the final look ain't all that bad if you don't mind oak quarter rounds.
    Oh, well there's no need to use rounds, if you have a 3/4" roundover bit or a 45 degree chamfer bit. You just build the box with the sides on the outside rather than the front on the outside the way I normally do...

Leave a comment:

• doctormorbius
    replied

Pete, your builds always look great. I just read this thread in its entirety. You have some mad skills.

Leave a comment:

• Dabspok
    replied

http://www.menards.com/main/home-dec...249-c-7621.htm
    For the painted baffles.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by critofur View Post
    I forget where, but I saw somebody else do that a few years ago. Any time I see somebody else use it I'm happy though because I had forgot about it and I want to remember to do that myself someday... Most of the time, I'd just flush mount those Peerless HDS drivers, but I do just have to try that method of countersinking them someday...
    It is really easy too, and the final look ain't all that bad if you don't mind oak quarter rounds.

Leave a comment:

• critofur
    replied

I do take PayPal if you decide to use that method . . . :p
    I forget where, but I saw somebody else do that a few years ago. Any time I see somebody else use it I'm happy though because I had forgot about it and I want to remember to do that myself someday... Most of the time, I'd just flush mount those Peerless HDS drivers, but I do just have to try that method of countersinking them someday...

Leave a comment:

• richard t
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by richard t View Post
    I love your recess method. Geeze. I could have done that myself with my 830874 but alas. I would never have thought of it.
    I do take PayPal if you decide to use that method . . . :p

Leave a comment:

• richard t
    replied

I love your recess method. Geeze. I could have done that myself with my 830874 but alas. I would never have thought of it.

Leave a comment:

• kanemack
    replied

It was easy enough to add all those pieces, so why not?!!!

Thanks Ray. I've put a lot of love into getting these looking good, despite daily temps in the upper 90s!!!

Now I just have to decide on a finish, and maybe add some grilles, though I've NEVER built a set of grilles.
    hard to make grills when you're that close to the edge with the drivers, but why hide the speakers anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Dabspok
    replied

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=230948

Bumped it back to the top. Study, study, study I will!

Leave a comment:

• cwad8505
    replied

Oh.. this is gonna be good!!:D

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by Dabspok View Post
    Finally have all of the drivers. Eight Peerless 831735 6 1/2", two Peerless 832873 5 1/4" and two Seas 27TBFC/G tweeters. After doing a lot of reading I decided to use the Seas tweeter. I think the box is pretty much sorted out and I am attempting the next phase of learning, the cross over design... I ham still a bit confused about the creation of the diffraction model and combining it onto the graph from the factory. Much more reading and working with the software ahead.
    Probably time to launch a new thread to document your build! ;)

Leave a comment:

• Dabspok
    replied

Finally have all of the drivers. Eight Peerless 831735 6 1/2", two Peerless 832873 5 1/4" and two Seas 27TBFC/G tweeters. After doing a lot of reading I decided to use the Seas tweeter. I think the box is pretty much sorted out and I am attempting the next phase of learning, the cross over design... I ham still a bit confused about the creation of the diffraction model and combining it onto the graph from the factory. Much more reading and working with the software ahead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X