No announcement yet.

Driscoll (Iowa DIY entry) sneak peak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driscoll (Iowa DIY entry) sneak peak...

I burned through a few places and some other places look like crapola but someday I will just lay another couple coats of black and rub 'em out again. In any event:

Cell phone pics, they look better that way ;) The backs are done 1/2 arsed too. My arm got tired.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Re: Driscoll (Iowa DIY entry) sneak peak...

I know the tweeter, but what's the woofer? (The tweeter is in my entry too).

Comment

This guy.

Comment

Every time I see Johnny's Driscolls it throws me off because I used to work with a guy named John Driscoll. I don't work there any more but if I did I'd have to tell that guy there is a speaker somewhere named after him.

Comment

Originally posted by evilskillit View Post
          Every time I see Johnny's Driscolls it throws me off because I used to work with a guy named John Driscoll. I don't work there any more but if I did I'd have to tell that guy there is a speaker somewhere named after him.
          hehehe

Comment

Looking good! Can't wait to hear them...and Marty's too. I have a pair of those tweeters on the shelf waiting to be deployed.

That old Grain Belt can reminds me of a neighbor across the street when I was a kid. He drank it like water!
            Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

that is a great shine. did that can have a pull tab?
              " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
              Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
              http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                that is a great shine. did that can have a pull tab?
                Long ago I am sure. My dad found it in an attic of an old building he was upgrading to central air. Some worker way back when must have had one in his lunch bucket.

Comment

You've got more patience than me. I'll never do a high gloss finish again (unless it involves money or lurid enticements)
                  Lou's Speaker Site [speakers.lonesaguaro.com]
                  "Different" is objective, "better" is subjective. Taste is not a provable fact.
                  Where are you John Galt? I may not be worthy, but I'm ready.

Comment

I noticed the can immediately. My grandfather always used to have (45 or so years ago) a 1/4 or 1/2 barrel on tap in the basement. Depended on whether he was expecting other relatives over. Myself, never been much
                    of a beer drinker!

Whiskey Jack

Comment

Lou, I learned something from this build. I am never going to use gloss paint again to make a gloss finish. I tried exact same technique on some "satin" finish stuff I had sitting around and they turned out as shiny with a lot less work.

Whiskey - glad I could stir a memory

Comment

Here is one assembled and a little higher quality picture:

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                          Here is one assembled and a little higher quality picture:
                          Man that looks sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by evilskillit View Post
                            Man that looks sharp.
                            Thank you sir, but when you see it in person the billion little flaws and the places I burned through the color coat jump out at you This was a real learning experience for me, thats for sure.

Comment

That is one sharp looking monitor, even if does have small flaws. Is it sealed?

Comment

Working...
                              X