Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

    VERY nice craftsmanship. They look terrific.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

      Thanks guys! And yea.. I definitely veneered these prior to baffle attachment. The veneer was unbacked and extremely brittle. Trimming made me a nervous wreck, so I was very relieved to get it done without too many snafus.
      ~Mark

      Stuff I've builded http://techtalk.parts-express.com/co...lies/smile.png

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

        What size port did you end up using for these? I am going to start a OS MTM soon and am looking at the different design options WRT the porting... Thanks!

        Jason
        Jason


        "In my opinion, there are more tactful ways to state your opinion."

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

          Bump...

          WRT the port diameter and length--I have looked via the forum search fuction and cannot find a ref to a single port in the OS MTM. Any help is appreciated! I will most likely model in Bass Box but this being my first build in years, and the fact that I cant read the measurements on the jpg I want to make sure...

          Thanks,
          Jason
          Jason


          "In my opinion, there are more tactful ways to state your opinion."

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

            Have you never gone to the designer's site?

            http://sites.google.com/site/undefin...htsensationmtm

            The port(s) are 2 6" long 1.25" i.d Sch 40 PVC tubes.



            Originally posted by RINNAV View Post
            Bump...

            WRT the port diameter and length--I have looked via the forum search fuction and cannot find a ref to a single port in the OS MTM. Any help is appreciated! I will most likely model in Bass Box but this being my first build in years, and the fact that I cant read the measurements on the jpg I want to make sure...

            Thanks,
            Jason
            I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
            OS MTMs http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=220388
            Swope TM http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=221818
            Econowave and Audio Nirvana AN10 fullrange http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=216841
            Imperial Russian Stouts http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...=1#post1840444
            LECBOS. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ghlight=lecbos

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

              Of course I did... While Paul states a 2 or 3 inch diameter port will work [in place of the two 1.25" diameter ports] I was specifically asking about the diameter and length of the port used in this design, hence the reference to the 'single' port (singular form in my last post) used in this configuration as shown in the drawings at the begining of the post.

              But thanks for your insight:rolleyes:
              Jason
              Jason


              "In my opinion, there are more tactful ways to state your opinion."

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

                Well, a single 2" port is too long in the current cabinet. However, you could adjust the dimensions (shorter and deeper--keeping the interior volume the same) and make the cabinet deeper, and then a 2" vent would probably fit.

                A 2" vent would need to be 7.5" inches long.
                Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

                Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                Twitter: @undefinition1

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

                  Thanks Paul! The cabinet will be slightly different so I may go with that...

                  Jason
                  Jason


                  "In my opinion, there are more tactful ways to state your opinion."

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

                    Well Mr. Sarcasm, you could be clearer. Since you have a box program, you have all the info you need to calculate for yourself. You came in to an essentially dead thread with an open-ended question. If you couldn't read the drawing, send the originator a pm and ask a question.

                    Next time don't bother with the "Any help is appreciated!" and do your homework.


                    Originally posted by RINNAV View Post
                    Of course I did... While Paul states a 2 or 3 inch diameter port will work [in place of the two 1.25" diameter ports] I was specifically asking about the diameter and length of the port used in this design, hence the reference to the 'single' port (singular form in my last post) used in this configuration as shown in the drawings at the begining of the post.

                    But thanks for your insight:rolleyes:
                    Jason
                    I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
                    OS MTMs http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=220388
                    Swope TM http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=221818
                    Econowave and Audio Nirvana AN10 fullrange http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=216841
                    Imperial Russian Stouts http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...=1#post1840444
                    LECBOS. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ghlight=lecbos

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

                      Originally posted by fastbike1 View Post
                      Well Mr. Sarcasm, you could be clearer. Since you have a box program, you have all the info you need to calculate for yourself. You came in to an essentially dead thread with an open-ended question. If you couldn't read the drawing, send the originator a pm and ask a question.

                      Next time don't bother with the "Any help is appreciated!" and do your homework.
                      Noted--I thought it was clear when I referenced a single port. I do intend modeling as noted in my post above and my intention was to see what “worked” in this design. I do appreciate the response, it just seemed that you did not really read my post and assumed that I did not do my "homework", which is contrary the fact. I did read a condescending tone within your reply so I responded--next time I will spell it out a little better. No worries and my response was not meant to personally offend you... Thanks again!

                      Jason
                      Last edited by RINNAV; 02-23-2011, 01:08 PM.
                      Jason


                      "In my opinion, there are more tactful ways to state your opinion."

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: OS MTMs... a plan... finally!!

                        Originally posted by WWWJD View Post
                        Got the finish coat on the baffles this weekend, and also test fit all of the drivers. The finish I landed on was just 3M undercoat, (IMO) it really does look nice in the end.
                        Those look fantastic, is this the 3M Undercoat that you used?
                        http://www.tcpglobal.com/AutoBodyDep...FUbe4Aod7lTamA

                        Did you use a primer or just the 3M Undercoat?

                        Thanks!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X