X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killa
    replied
    Re: All done

Definitely add ventilation. Even though they're 90% efficient, they still generate heat even when idle. Under load, even more heat, and without openings, it will only build up inside, especially with a wooden enclosure.

You could simply drill a set of holes in a nice pattern in the lid over each amplifier, with some complimentary holes underneath to create a natural convective flow.
    Already have the holes underneath. Im hoping to find some good looking perforated metal for the lid other wise it will just be drilled holes like you suggested. For now ill just keep the lid propped open.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Definitely add ventilation. Even though they're 90% efficient, they still generate heat even when idle. Under load, even more heat, and without openings, it will only build up inside, especially with a wooden enclosure.

You could simply drill a set of holes in a nice pattern in the lid over each amplifier, with some complimentary holes underneath to create a natural convective flow.

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
    What parts did you use for all that?
    It's a class d audio kit from classdaudio.com. CDA 1000

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Does it get hot inside that box? I don't see any ventilation holes for air flow.
    Wood looks nice, but there is always the potential for fire.
    I don't know yet but the bottom is vented already and the top is easily removable. I was planning on venting the top eventually. Just haven't decide how I want to do it yet.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Noctua Fans are practically silent...Wierd colors though, like off-white and brown...

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

i used some stuff like in the first pic. bottom in front top on rear.
    that is nice.

Leave a comment:

• kduggan
    replied

Very nice! I saw some fans at CEDIA in Atlanta that are about 1 3/4" Square and super quiet. Might be perfect for that application. If I could only remember who made them!:(

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

What parts did you use for all that?

Leave a comment:

• killersoundz
    replied

Looks good but as said, you need some ventilation at least. If used real hard, a fan may be in order..

Leave a comment:

• replied

Does it get hot inside that box? I don't see any ventilation holes for air flow.
    Wood looks nice, but there is always the potential for fire.

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

The fiber optics didn't show up too well but the small holes in the front are where they come through. It looks a lot cleaner than having led's on the front. You can barely see the fiber optics (until its on anyway:D)

Leave a comment:

• killa
    started a topic All done

All done

Except for the feet
    Attached Files
Working...
X