No announcement yet.

8" SDVC are now the deal of the month.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8" SDVC are now the deal of the month.

They are $15 right now. $15 dollars.

So I bought a trio of them, and with the one in my Blue "Datum" subwoofer that makes four. What to do, what to do...

I know.

I will build a large, floorstanding 3-way using these.

As such, I might be willing to part with some of my beloved 6.5" Bravox subwoofers since I feel these will fit the bill nicely for my planned towers. I have already lost my baffles that were close to being done, and I should be able to rework the crossover I had in progress pretty quick.

Keep an eye on the classified, although a couple of the guys have already earned dibs on them if I decide to part with them
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Re: 8" SDVC are now the deal of the month.

yoooo hoooooo stinkyyyyyyyyy.:D
    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

damn... so tempting... this hobby is turning me into a hoarder. I have more speakers than I know what to do with.

Comment

Originally posted by mintos View Post
        damn... so tempting... this hobby is turning me into a hoarder. I have more speakers than I know what to do with.
        I can totally relate. Makes you wonder if the manufacturers realize most of the stuff they sell sits on someones shelf for five years before turning up on eBay.

Comment

If it looks like it weighs more than a pound or so I just say f**k it, I'm not paying more than what the speakers cost to ship them up here...

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
          return to the source
          leviathan system thread
          deadhorse thread
          shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
            They are $15 right now. $15 dollars.

So I bought a trio of them, and with the one in my Blue "Datum" subwoofer that makes four. What to do, what to do...

I know.

I will build a large, floorstanding 3-way using these.

As such, I might be willing to part with some of my beloved 6.5" Bravox subwoofers since I feel these will fit the bill nicely for my planned towers. I have already lost my baffles that were close to being done, and I should be able to rework the crossover I had in progress pretty quick.

Keep an eye on the classified, although a couple of the guys have already earned dibs on them if I decide to part with them
            Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            yoooo hoooooo stinkyyyyyyyyy.:D
            Stinky is here, I heard a faint yooo hooo while stuck at work and came running!!!!!

It is well known that "yoooo hoooooo stinkyyyyyyyyy" will travel many, many miles with only a slight decrease in audibility, but does take a little time... :D
            THOMAS BROWN aka "STINKY"

I've got an idea - an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about. - Peter Griffin

I DON'T CARE WHAT KIND OF MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO, OR LIKE.
            SHUT UP, PUT DOWN THE WALLS OF PRETENSION FOR 1 SECOND AND JUST LISTEN TO THE SONGS
            - SCOTT IAN

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Brown View Post
              Stinky is here, I heard a faint yooo hooo while stuck at work and came running!!!!!

It is well known that "yoooo hoooooo stinkyyyyyyyyy" will travel many, many miles with only a slight decrease in audibility, but does take a little time... :D
              :D

Comment

:eek: 15 dollars???!!!!!!!

I have one of these paired with the 70 watt plate amp in my downstairs HT and it's just a great sub. $15 is a crazy price for these, like tent sale crazy.

Thanks Johnny just what I needed more speakers to hide from my wife.:p

Comment

Originally posted by benhinkle711 View Post
                  :eek: 15 dollars???!!!!!!!

I have one of these paired with the 70 watt plate amp in my downstairs HT and it's just a great sub. $15 is a crazy price for these, like tent sale crazy.

Thanks Johnny just what I needed more speakers to hide from my wife.:p
                  I feel your pain, brother. Yes - $15 is a crazy good price for this driver.

Comment

i tacked one of these on to my recently placed overkill rs series order at the last minute. other than max output, it looked as nice or nicer than it's (also cheap) 10" and 12" siblings, in some super quick models i did. with all this touting, i'm thinking maybe i should have gone with more than one .

Comment

Working...
                    X