Lineup F4 build (Lots o' pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lineup F4 build (Lots o' pics!)

Well, I procured () two TB W4-1337's through some deals and what not. Figured I would give the Lineup full range a shot.

Read more about it here -
    http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...t=27583&page=1

Why did I start this build? Cause I can't help myself. And funds are low at the current time. So with the left over hardwood from my cornhole boards, I figured I could use some of it up on these. The enclosures ended up being bigger than I thought they would (seems that always happens), not that they are BIG, but just bigger than expected.

This is also the first time I have used the rabbeting technique for joining panels, and I must say, I really like it. There is no question on lining things up or positioning. Just glue, set, clamp and go. I think I may use this from now on in my builds. I think I like it much more than **** joints.

Why am I posting pics now? Because man are they going to look a lot better than I ever thought they would (at least in my mind). Only issue I am faced with is the port opening with the awkward back side of the hardwood and also not thinking about how the rabbet would effect the aesthetics at the front. Oh well. Good thing these are being done as a quick side project. (catch that joke? :D)

On to a lot of pics showing little by little.

Boards selected for panels.

Brazillian Cherry boards

Gluing boards into panels.

Getting a straight edge to cut off of.

Panels all cut

Almost stepped on this "little" guy

Checking panel lengths

Mock up after rabbeting.

Gluing panels

That's it for now! Hoping to glue them up by Monday.

Like mentioned previously... just unsure about what to do at the port. Going to see if A massive roundover may help.....otherwise I'll just leave it. I don't think many would notice but if I can fix it easily I'll go for it.
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Re: Lineup F4 build (Lots o' pics!)

Looks like you found a use for that sub after all! :D

Comment

Originally posted by LSV8 View Post
      Looks like you found a use for that sub after all! :D
      Bwahaahaaaahh....it did prove useful! I'm really hoping to try it in a ported/PR enclosure.
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
        So with the left over hardwood from my cornhole boards... Brazillian Cherry boards
        you used brazilian cherry hardwood flooring for a cornhole set? talk about going all out for a back yard game... i've always just done 2x4 and cheap plywood on mine. i'd be almost as interested to see that as i am to see the speaker build .

Comment

Originally posted by absolootbs View Post
          you used brazilian cherry hardwood flooring for a cornhole set? talk about going all out for a back yard game... i've always just done 2x4 and cheap plywood on mine. i'd be almost as interested to see that as i am to see the speaker build .
          Brazilian cherry and White oak.

This pic does no justice to them I must admit.

http://forum.edesignaudio.com/showth...r-72907p5.html

The only reason these came about is I have a friend who works for a flooring business and they have tons of leftovers/scraps.

Comment

Nice caterpillar pic. Very good res.

Comment

Originally posted by cooper View Post
              Nice caterpillar pic. Very good res.
              Thanks Cooper! I took them with my cell phone since I broke my p&s.

Comment

Neat, man that IS a lot of pics, and holy moley is that caterpillar big.

Comment

This pic does no justice to them I must admit.

The only reason these came about is I have a friend who works for a flooring business and they have tons of leftovers/scraps.
                  very sharp. good foresight into knowing how good the speakers will look when they're done.

must be nice... one of my good friends works at a lumber company that his family OWNS AND RUNS, yet he hooks me up with next to nothing. i think i'm getting ripped off

looking forward to seeing the rest of the build!

Comment

Skillet, that thing is a monster. I couldn't believe it. Gave me chills when I first caught sight of it.

absolootbs, that IS absolootbs. :D

And there will definitely be more to come.....

Comment

That little "caterpillar interlude" in the middle of the pics cracked me up. I guess I'm not the only one around here who can get sidetracked.

Comment

Originally posted by CJB67 View Post
                        That little "caterpillar interlude" in the middle of the pics cracked me up. I guess I'm not the only one around here who can get sidetracked.
                        That damn thing almost ate me!!! :p

Comment

That damn thing almost ate me!!! :p
                          Hey Joey, BOO!

Comment

Originally posted by evilskillit View Post
                            Hey Joey, BOO!

Ahhh! We're you watching me!??!?! :D

Comment

Ahhh! We're you watching me!??!?! :D
                              Maybe. >.>

Comment

Working...
                              X