X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exodus Anarchy tested by Zaph

In case you've missed it :

Reference (he also tested some buyout)

Edit : I'm no expert but the low end seems very clean to my eye, even better then the 18W8531G below < 150hz, and very usable bandwidth up to 1.5khz.

Chuck

Re: Exodus Anarchy tested by Zaph

Thanks for posting. Looks pretty good to me. Would make a nice woofer in a 3 way. I still like the Usher 8945A better but I believe they are also more expensive too.

Comment

Originally posted by captainobvious99 View Post
      Thanks for posting. Looks pretty good to me. Would make a nice woofer in a 3 way. I still like the Usher 8945A better but I believe they are also more expensive too.
      And they don't have 12.5mm one-way xmax! That's what make them so special!

A pair of these can move ALOT of air! :P

Chuck

Comment

Pure speculation based on distortion snapshot in 3, 2, 1....

Comment

Originally posted by ajinfla View Post
          I like to speculate ... don't you ? I'll agree with you that Nobody can truly tell how a driver will sound or where it should be cross based on it's FR and/or distortion profile... but I'm having fun everytime I try do! :P

Don't mind my reply if I misunderstood what you meant.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by captainobvious99 View Post
            Looks like they'd make decent woofers for a two-way as well. Reasonably smooth response to 2KHz. And while the 5th harmonic is making itself known, it's pretty far down (>60dB or less than .1%).

Nice bass performance for sure.
            R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
            Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
            "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

I don't know the audibility of distortion. Both this driver and Klipsch driver have about the same distortions between 100 hz and 1000 hz(at -60 db). Could they sound alike within that range even given the sensitivity difference of about 3 db?

Comment

Originally posted by NyxOne View Post
                I like to speculate ... don't you ?
                Sure do. Play the office football pool every week.

I'll agree with you that Nobody can truly tell how a driver will sound or where it should be cross based on it's FR and/or distortion profile
                Well, some (many?) may disagree with you there. Expert "Distortion" analysis/conclusions are thrown around here like candy at Halloween. Would you believe I'm a bit skeptical of such speculative claims?;)

... but I'm having fun everytime I try too! :P

Don't mind my reply if I misunderstood what you meant.

Chuck
                Me too. No you didn't misunderstand. Looks like a nice driver for one of those wildly popular small 2 way boxes. Not outrageously priced either.

cheers,

AJ

Comment

Danny Richie and Rick Craig already have 2-way designs/kits for this woofer.

Comment

Another project here: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=35601
                    9 out of 10 British housewives can't tell the difference between Whizzo Butter and a dead crab.

Comment

yeeess, measurements are totally useless, AGAIN. Why would a well-respected designer with his own line of drivers ever keep measuring things? Why wouldn't he just keep being an engineer?

christ
                      I am trolling you.

Comment

Originally posted by MSaturn View Post
                        yeeess, measurements are totally useless, AGAIN. Why would a well-respected designer with his own line of drivers ever keep measuring things? Why wouldn't he just keep being an engineer?

christ
                        "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

I am trolling you.

Comment

If you want a lot of output from a 6-1/2" woofer, this one is hard to beat. I don't know about you, but a pair of these per side and I don't need a subwoofer for music.

If you can do a bigger cabinet [wider front baffle, in particular], the RS225 is a better value IMHO.
                            "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Sure do. Play the office football pool every week.

Well, some (many?) may disagree with you there. Expert "Distortion" analysis/conclusions are thrown around here like candy at Halloween. Would you believe I'm a bit skeptical of such speculative claims?;)

AJ
                              Serious question, IF you don't wanna go by just distortion plots, but you also don't believe anyones subjective impressions (except your own?), how DO you pick and choose drivers or crossover points or EQ or anything? Just playing devils advocate....

Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X