x-over point 300hz and 4500hz
    first order -6 db filter for bass and mid
    third order on tweeter

8 liters sealed for mid
    22 liters with slot port (0.75"x6"x13")

overall FR 34hz - 100khz

Comment

Re: 3 way buget design "PICS"

Those look great, nice build. How do they sound ?
      And what is that wierd grill over the Mark Audio driver ?
      Thanks ,
      JB

Comment

metal gril was added to prevent my kid from messing around with the cone plus it does not affect the sound quality as u can see i also have the cloth grill cover!

The overall sound quality is very impressive, very detail mid, treb are very open an well extended, bass are tight and have alot of slam, very surprise from only a 5 inch ! this 5 inch deserve more credit !
        for jazz and vocal music lover this is it !!!

Comment

funny thing is that all this cost me less than $300

Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1131685

Name:	007.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1131686

Name:	011.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1131687

Name:	010.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1131688

Comment

Are they active? What's up with the plugs on the back?

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
            return to the source
            leviathan system thread
            deadhorse thread
            shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Impressive cabinet work! And a very unusual, but pleasing aesthetic.

Comment

at the moment they are running passively, may be run actively in the future.
                i used gold plate jack to further reduces cost, keeping the budget of the project just about under $300. But i did this for a few reasons, all x-over parts and its component are placed in a separate enclosure on top or near next to an amplifier which allow the used of shorter hi-end speaker cable hence faster signal transition (think how much it will cost for a couple of foot of XLR-Ultra speaker wire from Kimber cable vs a set of couple meters, you catch my drift
                other reason is that once everything is set up in place, you get to try out different RCA cable and see the diffences yourself which make the whole project more fun...

Comment

Originally posted by sagamotto View Post
                  at the moment they are running passively, may be run actively in the future.
                  i used gold plate jack to further reduces cost, keeping the budget of the project just about under $300. But i did this for a few reasons, all x-over parts and its component are placed in a separate enclosure on top or near next to an amplifier which allow the used of shorter hi-end speaker cable hence faster signal transition (think how much it will cost for a couple of foot of XLR-Ultra speaker wire from Kimber cable vs a set of couple meters, you catch my drift
                  other reason is that once everything is set up in place, you get to try out different RCA cable and see the diffences yourself which make the whole project more fun...
                  You're powering those through RCA cables? :eek:
                  R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                  Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                  "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

The project looks great. I'm a bit confused by what you were talking about with cables as well.

A little more info on how these all came in at under $300? Looking at the drivers, the price for a pair would come close to $300. Crossovers and cabinet supplies would be hard to do in that price range. Care to share the secrets to your money squeezing techniques?

Great looking project, thanks for posting.

Comment

Great look. Impressive.
                      Congrats.
                      Mark
                      My TriTrix Build
                      My Core 2 Way Build
                      My RSS315HF-4 Subwoofer Build

Comment

A little more info on how these all came in at under $300? Looking at the drivers, the price for a pair would come close to $300. Crossovers and cabinet supplies would be hard to do in that price range. Care to share the secrets to your money squeezing techniques?

well what i say, i only have about $300 to wrk with in this project and i must admit that it is not going to be easy for any other joe, especially when one is not too familiar with carpentry work. I did both cab in about 4 hours and another 2 hours with my heating gun when i was painting. imid spend the most time searching for scrap MDF at a near by carpentry shop. Speaker parts was order at Solen when its was on sale, i think they do. X-over parts was pick up at a local electronic surplus and so on.

2 tweeters+2 mids+2 woofs=$240
                        MDF wood=FREE
                        1 liter of paint at Home Depot=$3
                        x-over parts=$53

Total=$296 plus 2 bottles of Evian water and some air for bicycle tire => $300

and thank you for the compliment.

Comment

You're powering those through RCA cables? :eek:
                          Yeah, what???? lol

Comment

sweet... any build pics?
                            Mark

http://www.diy-ny.com

Comment

i did all the cutting and glueing in a jippy so there is no time for photo-ing. the tools i used are simple, 6.5" Rigid circular saw, Rigid portable router with a piece of 5x8 inches by 1/8 of an inch thick plexi-glass modified as a jasper jig alike, Makita cordless drill, and a cheapest Jobmate electric sander, and of course air gun nailer. The speaker cab including cut and assembly are very straight forward and it is very simple to built especially when working with smaller pieces of scrap MDF. The Rigid router are the work horse for this project. Like all other projects edges that are cut with circular saw are never perfect making assembling a little longer. Once the pieces are glue and aligne, router triming is the next to do and it is fast. The scrap wood that i have collected from here and there are more than i needed for the project, the front baffle are double layer of 5/8 MDF likewise the side, but i used ceramic adhesive glue for the proccess along with 1-1/4 inches long drywall screw. I find that this sandwich process add more damping for the enclosure.
                              With the rest of extra wood, the speaker cab's base are increase to almost 2-1/2 inches thick. end result volume measurement of the woofer enclosure is 22.5 liter or so. With some fibre from wall insulation used for stuffing and so after. The speaker's feet/toes are from a couple broken portable heating unit that is left around the garage, front toes are about 1.75 inches high and the rear are about 1/2 inches in heigh giving an almost 7 degree tilt for the speaker stand. Speaker grill's cloth is from my aunt's dress (why does it has to be black for almost all speaker?)

It had been quite a challenge doing this set of speakers, but it all pays off in the end, i am very happy with the sound it produce, still got the chill every time i listen to it. My friend stop by today and have a listen, he is also please with the right amount of bass it produce, a little nervous to admit that his pair of Accoustic Monitor is a little less behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X