New member to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member to the forum

Hellooo! I just wanted to introduce myself...

My name is Sanjay and been a long time shopper of parts express but new to the forum. I've never built my own speakers nor do I possess any real woodworking skills, however I do work for an AV firm in Bellevue, WA of where I am a drafter/designer of complex commercial AV systems.

It's just a matter of time before I undertake my first build.

This is a recent pic of me and my Movember mustache.

Re: New member to the forum

Rockin' moustache. I love No Shave November.

No woodworking skills? The prefab cabinets from PE are fantastic, just a little spendy. Nothing looks more pro than a machined fit and finish. I, for the first time after building dozens of cabs with so-so finishes, will be using a set on my next (un?)build.

Welcome, and good luck ever stopping DIYing speakers...

Comment

Welcome!!

Looking forward to seeing what project becomes your first.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
      Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Welcome to the asylum!
        Hug-me jackets are optional here!!! :D
        Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Sweeeeet outfit!

YNWA!

Oh, welcome, and build big speakers, small speakers suck... ;):D
          "It is only Scrooge McDuck and others with a personality disorder who have money as their goal"

Comment

Originally posted by fwater View Post
            Rockin' moustache. I love No Shave November.
            November? Hell I haven't shaved since late September. A bunch of us guys at work are starting to make the office look like a reunion of Grizzly Adams impersonators. Flannel Shirt Friday only drives the point home even more. Or we all just look like Norm Abrams. :D Which reminds me, I need to find a tie for Tie Tuesday. Or are we doing Thai Tuesday next week?

Anyway, welcome to the festival Sanjay. It's not a crazy in here as it used to be but it's still a good bunch of folk.

shawn
            My favorite woofer is a Labrador retriever.

Comment

Welcome!

I am rocking by ususal September-May Beard. Not quote as stylish.

Believe none of what you see and 1/2 of what you read. :p

It gets ugly sometimes, but at the end of the day everyone posseses great knowledge, and its all for the good of DIY. So, welcome!

Comment

Welcome Sanjay. Great crowd here.

Comment

Greetings, I was new here about 3 years back - Now all these Gentlemen have gotten me hooked. [See it is nice to blame someone else for my nuttiness] I bet you will really be glad you found this place where all are willing and enjoy sharing their knowledge . I started slow on building but now working on the Zaph ZDT 3.5 Its a good place to learn. You may notice sometimes at night someone will open up a "chat room" . I have learned a lot there just listening .

Glad you have joined in. Good Luck

cuggie
                  "What's Time To A Pig?"

Comment

Originally posted by shawn_a View Post
                    November? Hell I haven't shaved since late September.
                    shawn
                    Ha, I haven't shaved since 1979! (But I do trim it a little each week.)

Comment

Welcome! I live here in WA also, down by Chehalis. I started hanging around this place over 10 years ago now. I've learned a wealth of information, especially about NOT using pre-made or textbook formula crossovers. I've made some excellent friends here, Shawn A. is one. Living in WA means I don't get to any of the midwest/east coast DIY get-togethers. If you're looking for a first-time project, the hardest part can be choosing just one from the many excellent designs. Nothing wrong with starting with a proven and tested project...it will show you how good DIY speakers can be compared to retail offerings, even the budget-type projects. If you've lived around here for a while, I used to work for Norm Corwin at The Stereo Shoppe, in both the Olympia and Tacoma (Lakewood) stores. Now I get folks bringing over their commercial speakers to do side-by-sides with some of the DIY designs I have here. Fun stuff. I'm one of those that have only built other-peoples-projects, unless you count the subwoofers I've done on my own. I haven't got to the point of designing XO's from scratch yet. Sounds like you have a solid background, so DIY'ing speakers is right up your alley. If you don't have any woodworking tools yet, no problem. PE and some other companies offer some real nice pre-made cabinets of varying sizes. The PE ones are especially nice, both with the finishes that are available and the solid construction. Let us know if you have any ?'s or need advice. There's more background experiences/info about me at my blogs.

John A.
                      "Children play with b-a-l-l-s and sticks, men race, and real men race motorcycles"-John Surtees
                      Emotiva UPA-2, USP-1, ERC-1 CD
                      Yamaha KX-390 HX-Pro
                      Pioneer TX-9500 II
                      Yamaha YP-211 w/Grado GF3E+
                      Statement Monitors
                      Vintage system: Yamaha CR-420, Technics SL-PG100, Pioneer CT-F8282, Akai X-1800, Morel(T)/Vifa(W) DIY 2-way in .5 ft3
                      Photos: http://custom.smugmug.com/Electronic...#4114714_cGTBx
                      Blogs: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=2003

Comment

Working...
                      X