What will they think of next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will they think of next?

Where do they come up with this stuff anyway?

I know, I know, this will probably get me banned. I mean, it's as bad as any wiring or capacitor thread......

http://www.shakti-innovations.com/hallograph.htm
    For $1100 you can get three wiggly lines of wood on a stand that gives your amazing holographic sound, stunning realism, and a warmer musical tonality.

It's made of "exotic" hardwoods. That's got to be what makes it work, right. I mean, hey, the hardwoods are "exotic", aren't they?

Oh, but don't miss their automotive advances too! They have a solid device that when attached to your Engine Control Unit reduce computational errors in its processor, increases horsepower, and improves your 0-60 time! Wow, they showed a net gain of 2-3 horsepower, but improved 0-60 times by .4 seconds (explain that one).

These guys are awesome.
    Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Re: What will they think of next?

^^
    Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

There really are some very gullible people with money in this world. More power to em if they sell them.

Although it is amazing that someone could successfully argue that the species of a wood changes how sound bounces off of it.
      My projects
      https://picasaweb.google.com/112307725038877176664

Comment

The Shakti Hallographs have become permanent parts of my system. At $1000 a pair, they are not cheap, but they can transform a system, even one in a highly treated room. A very strong selling point is that they look like pieces of art and not room treatments, so will be likely to have a much higher "roommate" acceptance factor.
        Lol. Look like pieces of crap to me. Firewood.

These guys are idiots. All the 'reviews' are written by them, etc, you know how it goes.

I don't know why they just didn't make something useful like diffusion panels.

Comment

"no break in required"

Well, that's a relief!:rolleyes:

Boy, did ol' P.T. have it right: "There's a sucker born every minute."

Mark
          You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
            Where do they come up with this stuff anyway?

I know, I know, this will probably get me banned. I mean, it's as bad as any wiring or capacitor thread......

http://www.shakti-innovations.com/hallograph.htm
            For $1100 you can get three wiggly lines of wood on a stand that gives your amazing holographic sound, stunning realism, and a warmer musical tonality.

It's made of "exotic" hardwoods. That's got to be what makes it work, right. I mean, hey, the hardwoods are "exotic", aren't they?

Oh, but don't miss their automotive advances too! They have a solid device that when attached to your Engine Control Unit reduce computational errors in its processor, increases horsepower, and improves your 0-60 time! Wow, they showed a net gain of 2-3 horsepower, but improved 0-60 times by .4 seconds (explain that one).

These guys are awesome.
            PLEASE tell me it's a joke, just a joke, just something some out of work stand-up comic did for a laugh . . .

Oh wait . . . I forget . . .

There is no lower limit to human intelligence . . .

and there's a sucker born every minute . . .
            "It suggests that there is something that is happening in the real system that is not quite captured in the models."

Comment

This picture says it all.

Now that's either a "thumbs up".. or he just got an exotic splinter. I was going to say he looks like he got kicked out of Toto.. but I like Toto... so I digress.
              ~Mark

Stuff I've builded http://techtalk.parts-express.com/co...lies/smile.png

Comment

Originally posted by Mark65 View Post
                "no break in required"

Well, that's a relief!:rolleyes:

Boy, did ol' P.T. have it right: "There's a sucker born every minute."

Mark
                Actually P.T. Barnum didn't say it! Research (GOOGLE) the Cardiff Giant if you want to know more.
                http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html

Comment

Is that duct tape in the center?
                  "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WWWJD View Post

Now that's either a "thumbs up".. or he just got an exotic splinter. I was going to say he looks like he got kicked out of Toto.. but I like Toto... so I digress.
                    Either that guy is nobody and they asked him to take that pic or he is somebody and they paid him $500 for a thumbs up.

Comment

Originally posted by killersoundz View Post
                      Lol. Look like pieces of crap to me. Firewood.

These guys are idiots. All the 'reviews' are written by them, etc, you know how it goes.

I don't know why they just didn't make something useful like diffusion panels.
                      "Idiots" is a little strong. I doubt they are "idiots", they got you to look at their website, for example.
                      Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Well, as far as the automotive device they have provided mountains more data than any of the cable guys, and the majority of the commercial speaker manufacturers, amp manufacturers, CD player manufacturers...

Then again, this type of stuff is why I am now considering high end audio to be the last bastion of alchemy. It is right up there with power cords, non-level matched amp comparisons, and "you can't measure a good speaker" claims.
                        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by killersoundz View Post
                          Either that guy is nobody and they asked him to take that pic or he is somebody and they paid him $500 for a thumbs up.
                          He's actually very well known. I bet you've listened to some of his work.
                          "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by WWWJD View Post
                            For some reason it reminds me of a Menorah.

Comment

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/discography/
                              "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X