Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doubletap's new website

Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
    Hmm, well sounds like it's worth doing then. All the hot co-eds I'll be hooking up with is just a bonus.
    :D
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

I'm 45, have one for myself, and both of my businesses. It is a great tool to drive people to your site. How else will you find people? Word of mouth is obviously the best, but you need to have traffic on your site to make sales.

Dude, I'm 36 and made it this far without a Facebook page. Unless somebody could convince me that having one will generate more sales, I can't imagine why I'd want one I don't even know what I'd put on one.
      DP

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the support!

... thread crappers in 5, 4, 3 ...

... 2, 1

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
        Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's, Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Scanspeak Revelator 22W/8857T00's, Eminence NSW6021's.
        MiniDSP 4x10HD. ICE Power amplification and an iNuke 3000.

Sennheiser HD650's powered by TEAC amplification.

Comment

My pre-emptive thread-crap warning was holding it off ... till now
          Vapor Audio

Comment

My pre-emptive thread-crap warning was holding it off ... till now
            Admit it! That was kinda funny! :p ;)
            Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's, Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Scanspeak Revelator 22W/8857T00's, Eminence NSW6021's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tremblay View Post
              I laughed.
              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
              Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

I laughed.
                That's the spirit!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tremblay View Post
                  Mildly funny ... at best :p
                  Vapor Audio

Comment

I'd get rid of Waterlox varnish in the description and throw in something like "long oil varnish" , hand rubbed to perfection.
                    Aniline dye is a stain in fact, because it.... well stains the wood, ie colors it.... but, it's a translucent, transparent stain that only accentuates natural grain effects and not obscuring unlike majority of oil stains that tend to make everything look the same.
                    Also, the understating among "high end"/audiophile golden ear crowd (not to critique your loudspeakers at all) that capacitors need to be chosen correctly based on their sound and integration with the drivers/speakers/crossover topology. So by offering the choice of caps, you may be introducing a dilemma to some.
                    Other then that, site looks great! It's fast too. Nice pictures. Congrads and good luck!
                    http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

I can even find value in those speakers. As a whole, both the speakers and the site are very well done. I think even a novice will realize your product is something special. Good luck! I hope you don't need it! Seriously, everything is looking great.

Comment

The only crap I can think to crap is:

What's the deal with the plastic screwed-in port tube? Everything else about the Cirrus looks first-rate, but the port tube looks like something you'd find on (no disrespect intended) an entry-level DIY project. I can't think of a worse-looking port tube, and I always cringe even when I see it on someone's project (including MartyH's Coppers; at least he thought to paint his).

I didn't say anything about this when I knew the Cirrus as a one-off, but if it's going to be a commercial product in that price range, the plastic port tube is a big hit against fit and finish. It's not even flush with the rear of the cabinet.

From a fluid mechanics perspective, the ideal reflex vent (with the largest characteristic dimension in the Reynolds Number equation for a given surface area) is a round (cylindrical) vent that is flared at either end. Just FYI.
                        Last edited by Taterworks; 12-07-2010, 09:10 AM.
                        Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

Honestly, this site is as nice as the other hi-fi brands in terms of look and feel. it is light years beyond most small-shop audio product websites. So far, so good!

I'm curious how the Facebook would pan out, because I feel the same as Ryan (eg: made it this far without one)
                          Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                          Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

One small quibble on the website--on the front page there is that 'highlights' box, for lack of a better term. The problem it that even if you click on one of the page buttons for it, it still rolls to the next one in like 5 seconds, making it near impossible to read in one, or even two, goes.

Otherwise looks great, good fit'n finish.

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the support!

... thread crappers in 5, 4, 3 ...
                              Very slick, hats off to your Javascript/CSS guy. Overall, it looks rich, and professional without too much bling.

If it were me, I'd find some better wood grain for the title bar (pine looks too rustic to me), and pop those navigation buttons with bigger text or bolder color.

Good luck, hope you reel in a few whales...;)
                              Lou's Speaker Site [speakers.lonesaguaro.com]
                              "Different" is objective, "better" is subjective. Taste is not a provable fact.
                              Where are you John Galt? I may not be worthy, but I'm ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
                                I'm curious how the Facebook would pan out, because I feel the same as Ryan (eg: made it this far without one)
                                From personal stand point if you don't want a facebook account there is no need to have one. They are an incredible waste of time. From a business standpoint, if one doesn't have a bunch of money to spend on marketing it is a great opportunity.

That said, how do you find your target market on facebook? Can you create a mass of people with the right friends who will drive page views that can be converted to sales?

The most beautiful website around does you no good if customers don't see it. It is a great looking site and he is getting nice reviews of the site here on the forum, but will likely generate no sales.

Free is a good price for marketing to a small business. I can just imagine him posting gallery pics, some youtube videos of of his painstaking care in building the cabinets, and doing reviews of the drivers he uses and why. His customers would likely eat that stuff up. People love behind the scenes peaks. His target client would love it, the guys here would critique everything about it.
                                DP

Comment

Working...
                                X