Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubletap's new website

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Doubletap's new website

    Originally posted by donparsons View Post
    His target client would love it, the guys here would critique everything about it.
    Or, some guys here may take inspiration from it.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

    95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Doubletap's new website

      Or, some guys here may take inspiration from it.
      +1
      Craig

      I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Doubletap's new website

        Grammar and spell checking is definitely in order. Seems like good infrastructure, though.

        I won't get started on the upgrades page, or the foil inductors :D
        I am trolling you.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Doubletap's new website

          Originally posted by MSaturn View Post
          Grammar and spell checking is definitely in order. Seems like good infrastructure, though.

          I won't get started on the upgrades page, or the foil inductors :D
          You should have seen the 12ga foil inductor he had in the bookshelf entry in Iowa.

          Enough copper to wire a house.
          R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
          Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

          95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
          "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Doubletap's new website

            Originally posted by Taterworks View Post
            What's the deal with the plastic screwed-in port tube? Everything else about the Cirrus looks first-rate, but the port tube looks like something you'd find on (no disrespect intended) an entry-level DIY project. I can't think of a worse-looking port tube, and I always cringe even when I see it on someone's project (including MartyH's Coppers; at least he thought to paint his).
            I personally don't mind the of the screws. It gives it a substantial look and mimics the way the speakers are installed.
            Mark
            My TriTrix Build
            My Core 2 Way Build
            My RSS315HF-4 Subwoofer Build

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Doubletap's new website

              Yea, I would like to be able to use a Precision Port, but it's not possible with the cabinet shape. I actually like that bolted on port better than the flared one I was using before as far as looks go. Neither one produces any chuffing.

              Someday when I'll rolling in cash and orders, I'll spend the $$$ to have a custom oval port molded.
              Vapor Audio

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Doubletap's new website

                BTW, for anybody wondering the site is based on a WordPress template ... thousands of which are available from various template sites. Joomla is another similar template framework to checkout.

                They're easy to work with and quick to get up and running.
                Vapor Audio

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Doubletap's new website

                  Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
                  Honestly, this site is as nice as the other hi-fi brands in terms of look and feel. it is light years beyond most small-shop audio product websites. So far, so good!
                  Gotta like jQuery! Almost everything you see in his webiste comes from jquery plugins! With jQuery around it's really easy to come with a website with that kind of interaction and finish (with the exception of the photoshop part).

                  Eg: Check this for exemple : Only one line of Javascript and Fancybox (jquery plugin). Clean, efficient and beautiful.

                  Don't get me wrong, his website is really good and it takes time to put everything together...

                  Chuck

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Doubletap's new website

                    Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
                    Yea, I would like to be able to use a Precision Port, but it's not possible with the cabinet shape. I actually like that bolted on port better than the flared one I was using before as far as looks go. Neither one produces any chuffing.
                    I actually prefer the look of the flared port, but then it just comes down to a matter of personal preference. But little things like this become important if I'm expecting to spend $7000 on a pair of speakers. A piece of schedule-40 PVC with a roundover at the end would be better looking than the screw-in port, and much more substantial. It would also let you use a larger vent diameter. Even if you cannot hear chuffing over the sound of playback, there can still be some compression.
                    Best Regards,

                    Rory Buszka

                    Taterworks Audio

                    "The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

                    If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Doubletap's new website

                      Good looking site and speakers. Looking forward to the coming AirCirc/W22EX design.
                      "It is only Scrooge McDuck and others with a personality disorder who have money as their goal"

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Doubletap's new website

                        Originally posted by donparsons View Post
                        I'm 45, have one for myself, and both of my businesses. It is a great tool to drive people to your site. How else will you find people? Word of mouth is obviously the best, but you need to have traffic on your site to make sales.

                        Yup, thats why I was asking him. I'm 37 and I dont feel to old for FB. ANyway, there are a bunch of high-end mfg's on there. Sonus faber always posts awesome pics. Thiel, polk, nht, etc.
                        www.ebaudio.com

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Doubletap's new website

                          Originally posted by donparsons View Post
                          The most beautiful website around does you no good if customers don't see it. It is a great looking site and he is getting nice reviews of the site here on the forum, but will likely generate no sales.
                          Yeah, I think about that a lot, actually. There are so many startup audiophile brands out there. I feel like I see a website for a new one every day. How on earth does anyone know they exist?

                          From personal stand point if you don't want a facebook account there is no need to have one. They are an incredible waste of time.
                          You sound like the parent of a teenager! :D
                          Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

                          Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                          Twitter: @undefinition1

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Doubletap's new website

                            Right now the way things are going, if Facebook generated more sales I wouldn't be able to keep up with volume. I gotta be smart and make sure I don't 'overpromise' or I'll get slammed on the interwebs. But the new website and my latest review has generated 3 sales ... and TONS of inquiries.

                            I've sold quite a few various speakers over the years, but have always cut my margins so thin that I'm making about 49cents/hour. It's pretty exciting to think that I might be able to quit day trading and pay my bills from selling speakers!

                            The only thing better would be if I could my job at the National Weather Service ... or race cars for a living :D

                            And it's kinda nice having a site like this where I don't have to worry about marketing and always watching what I say. I know I won't sell speakers here because I'm amongst peers who can do the same thing I do ... but I hope you won't hold offering Mundorf Silver/Gold/Oil caps against me next time I'm asking for advice on a design
                            Vapor Audio

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: Doubletap's new website

                              Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
                              Right now the way things are going, if Facebook generated more sales I wouldn't be able to keep up with volume. I gotta be smart and make sure I don't 'overpromise' or I'll get slammed on the interwebs. But the new website and my latest review has generated 3 sales ... and TONS of inquiries.

                              I've sold quite a few various speakers over the years, but have always cut my margins so thin that I'm making about 49cents/hour. It's pretty exciting to think that I might be able to quit day trading and pay my bills from selling speakers!

                              The only thing better would be if I could my job at the National Weather Service ... or race cars for a living :D

                              And it's kinda nice having a site like this where I don't have to worry about marketing and always watching what I say. I know I won't sell speakers here because I'm amongst peers who can do the same thing I do ... but I hope you won't hold offering Mundorf Silver/Gold/Oil caps against me next time I'm asking for advice on a design
                              Well if things pick up you can always farm out the building of the crossover and the stands to someone on this site. some of these guys have huge skills. Some also have hige time on their hands looking at their dozens of build threads...However you may need to pay them 22 cents per hour so you can keep the proffit margine up...
                              Mark


                              http://www.diy-ny.com

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: Doubletap's new website

                                To be honest, for me, the most satisfying part of the DIY experience, (other than listening to them), is constructing the crossover.
                                My projects
                                https://picasaweb.google.com/112307725038877176664

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X