• ckmoore
    replied
    Re: Doubletap's new website

Leave a comment:

• DoubleTap
    replied

Originally posted by ckmoore View Post
    I think a lot of us are going to be living vicariously through you... (i hope you dont mind....)

Tear em up.
    I'll make sure and post from my G6 ... and flush the toilet as I fly over

Leave a comment:

• ckmoore
    replied

I think a lot of us are going to be living vicariously through you... (i hope you dont mind....)

Tear em up.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
    I'm thinking about getting Pete over here, make him my sanding monkey.
    Hoo Hooo Hoo HOO HOOO HOOO EEEE EEEE AAAHHH AAHHH.

Sign me up!

Leave a comment:

• Mayhem13
    replied

Nice site DT, and good luck. I think your work with one piece baffle/waveguides holds nothing but pure promise. Hopefully you'll take a stab at an elliptical design as after hearing my XD120's during the design phase i'm simply stunned. JBL and 18Sound are on the right path here for sure.

Oh.....BTW....love the woodworking skills.:D

Leave a comment:

• DoubleTap
    replied

Originally posted by ckmoore View Post
    To be honest, for me, the most satisfying part of the DIY experience, (other than listening to them), is constructing the crossover.
    My favorite part is that first wipe of oil on an exotic veneer. Glowing customer feedback feels pretty good too ;)

Leave a comment:

• DoubleTap
    replied

Originally posted by mgrabow View Post
    Well if things pick up you can always farm out the building of the crossover and the stands to someone on this site. some of these guys have huge skills. Some also have hige time on their hands looking at their dozens of build threads...However you may need to pay them 22 cents per hour so you can keep the proffit margine up...
    I'm thinking about getting Pete over here, make him my sanding monkey.

Leave a comment:

• ckmoore
    replied

To be honest, for me, the most satisfying part of the DIY experience, (other than listening to them), is constructing the crossover.

Leave a comment:

• mgrabow
    replied

Right now the way things are going, if Facebook generated more sales I wouldn't be able to keep up with volume. I gotta be smart and make sure I don't 'overpromise' or I'll get slammed on the interwebs. But the new website and my latest review has generated 3 sales ... and TONS of inquiries.

I've sold quite a few various speakers over the years, but have always cut my margins so thin that I'm making about 49cents/hour. It's pretty exciting to think that I might be able to quit day trading and pay my bills from selling speakers!

The only thing better would be if I could my job at the National Weather Service ... or race cars for a living :D

And it's kinda nice having a site like this where I don't have to worry about marketing and always watching what I say. I know I won't sell speakers here because I'm amongst peers who can do the same thing I do ... but I hope you won't hold offering Mundorf Silver/Gold/Oil caps against me next time I'm asking for advice on a design
    Well if things pick up you can always farm out the building of the crossover and the stands to someone on this site. some of these guys have huge skills. Some also have hige time on their hands looking at their dozens of build threads...However you may need to pay them 22 cents per hour so you can keep the proffit margine up...

Leave a comment:

• DoubleTap
    replied

Right now the way things are going, if Facebook generated more sales I wouldn't be able to keep up with volume. I gotta be smart and make sure I don't 'overpromise' or I'll get slammed on the interwebs. But the new website and my latest review has generated 3 sales ... and TONS of inquiries.

I've sold quite a few various speakers over the years, but have always cut my margins so thin that I'm making about 49cents/hour. It's pretty exciting to think that I might be able to quit day trading and pay my bills from selling speakers!

The only thing better would be if I could my job at the National Weather Service ... or race cars for a living :D

And it's kinda nice having a site like this where I don't have to worry about marketing and always watching what I say. I know I won't sell speakers here because I'm amongst peers who can do the same thing I do ... but I hope you won't hold offering Mundorf Silver/Gold/Oil caps against me next time I'm asking for advice on a design

Leave a comment:

• Paul Carmody
    replied

Originally posted by donparsons View Post
    The most beautiful website around does you no good if customers don't see it. It is a great looking site and he is getting nice reviews of the site here on the forum, but will likely generate no sales.
    Yeah, I think about that a lot, actually. There are so many startup audiophile brands out there. I feel like I see a website for a new one every day. How on earth does anyone know they exist?

From personal stand point if you don't want a facebook account there is no need to have one. They are an incredible waste of time.
    You sound like the parent of a teenager! :D

Leave a comment:

• erikb
    replied

Originally posted by donparsons View Post
    I'm 45, have one for myself, and both of my businesses. It is a great tool to drive people to your site. How else will you find people? Word of mouth is obviously the best, but you need to have traffic on your site to make sales.

Yup, thats why I was asking him. I'm 37 and I dont feel to old for FB. ANyway, there are a bunch of high-end mfg's on there. Sonus faber always posts awesome pics. Thiel, polk, nht, etc.

Leave a comment:

• jonasz
    replied

Good looking site and speakers. Looking forward to the coming AirCirc/W22EX design.

Leave a comment:

• Taterworks
    replied

Yea, I would like to be able to use a Precision Port, but it's not possible with the cabinet shape. I actually like that bolted on port better than the flared one I was using before as far as looks go. Neither one produces any chuffing.
    I actually prefer the look of the flared port, but then it just comes down to a matter of personal preference. But little things like this become important if I'm expecting to spend $7000 on a pair of speakers. A piece of schedule-40 PVC with a roundover at the end would be better looking than the screw-in port, and much more substantial. It would also let you use a larger vent diameter. Even if you cannot hear chuffing over the sound of playback, there can still be some compression.

Leave a comment:

• NyxOne
    replied

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
    Honestly, this site is as nice as the other hi-fi brands in terms of look and feel. it is light years beyond most small-shop audio product websites. So far, so good!
    Gotta like jQuery! Almost everything you see in his webiste comes from jquery plugins! With jQuery around it's really easy to come with a website with that kind of interaction and finish (with the exception of the photoshop part).

Eg: Check this for exemple : Only one line of Javascript and Fancybox (jquery plugin). Clean, efficient and beautiful.

Don't get me wrong, his website is really good and it takes time to put everything together...

Chuck

Leave a comment:

Working...
X