DTA-100a in stock and shipping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTA-100a in stock and shipping!

Thanks to all of you who waited patiently for the DTA-100a to come back in stock. We had a few issues to resolve from the initial run, we made some improvements and now the DTA-100a has landed! We hope you enjoy this powerful little guy as much as we do- we're excited they arrived before Christmas! Stock is still in short supply, but all backorders have been filled! Order one up! Here's a link!

Re: DTA-100a in stock and shipping!

Nice, might be just what I need for my portable measurement setup. Any chance of getting the amp tested to show it's FR response into a few different loads?
    Vapor Audio

Comment

I tried using one of these for measurements. I had trouble getting this one to give me consistent results, I went back to the APA-150. I know it's not happy with 4 ohm loads.
      Lou's Speaker Site [speakers.lonesaguaro.com]
      "Different" is objective, "better" is subjective. Taste is not a provable fact.
      Where are you John Galt? I may not be worthy, but I'm ready.

Comment

Originally posted by LouC View Post
        I tried using one of these for measurements. I had trouble getting this one to give me consistent results, I went back to the APA-150. I know it's not happy with 4 ohm loads.
        That's unfortunate too; all it would take to handle 4 ohm loads is a good ol' heat sink. Judging by the chip placement on the bottom side of the board though, that ain't gonna happen without case mods.

I had made the same general observation on the little DTA1 and DTA2. 4 ohm loads = firecracker. The sure 2x100, same chip.. has the required heat sink. Still, for 100 bucks & 8 ohm loads.. this is a pretty slick rig.
        ~Mark

Stuff I've builded http://techtalk.parts-express.com/co...lies/smile.png

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Thanks to all of you who waited patiently for the DTA-100a to come back in stock. We had a few issues to resolve from the initial run, we made some improvements and now the DTA-100a has landed! We hope you enjoy this powerful little guy as much as we do- we're excited they arrived before Christmas! Stock is still in short supply, but all backorders have been filled! Order one up! Here's a link!
          Rich,

Glad to hear they're available again.

Can I suggest some features for a future DTA-200 model including 2 switchable line source inputs, a switchable and tunable 2nd-order HPF ahead of the amp, and a tunable 2nd-order LPF line output for a Sub. Also, please allow the sub output filter to be disabled (full bandwidth mode) and for the sub output level to track with the master volume control. You can put all the extra controls and I/O on the back and just add the source select switch to the front panel.

Louis

Comment

Working...
          X