Clear All

• brianbe
    replied
    RS 28 F nude.frd RS28 F.txt hope this helps
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cooper
    replied
    Thanks Craig. Yes, response modeler will be my next try. I may have to just bite the bullet and get a measurement rig and software to measure drivers on baffle and export my own files, like the big boys do. 😉
    Last edited by cooper; 06-25-2022, 11:23 AM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    I'd suggest running the .frd files through Jeff's Response Modeler to add the effects of baffle step loss and diffration, then extract minimum phase. Unless of course these will be an in-wall design.

Leave a comment:

• cooper
    replied
    Thanks again all. renaming the files did the trick. The curve for the 830883 looks just like Zaph's, so was probably a trace, that's ok. Off and running :-)

Leave a comment:

• cooper
    replied
    Hi Geoff. I remember Kerry’s (Navy Guy) “Standards” I will certainly revisit that. And thanks PWR and ern, I will rename the files and try to re load.

Leave a comment:

• ernperkins
    replied
    If you don't like the file renaming process: You can see all file types if you first type "*.*" in the XSim "File name" box and follow it with a carriage return (i.e. the Enter key). Then select the file you want.

Leave a comment:

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Originally posted by cooper View Post
    Total zombie, I know. Bit my search for 830883 .FRD .ZMA led me here. COVID gave me an opportunity to dip my toes into XSim (finally) and I have a pair of these HDS exclusives and RS28F (NLA) on the shelf so I thought I would see what I might concoct. But, the files Pete posted (thanks Pete, hope all is well w/ you) do not work for me. I opened as text file, and the values don’t make sense to me either. Any chance one of you XSim pros take a look and see if they look weird or work? Thanks for the hand. Tom
    Hi Tom,

Files look ok to me. You need to open each one of them as a text file with something like Notepad, then File > Save As > then remove the .txt on the end. So 830883.frd.txt becomes 830883.frd and so on. I was able to import those files into XSim and they work as expected.

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Millar
    commented on 's reply
    I think there's a project using those drivers by 'Navy Guy' of this Forum; I can't recall its name but it was a floor standing speaker with a stunning finish which looked like a Gibson Les Paul.

http://projectgallery.parts-express....the-standards/

Edit: these use the RS28A, but might be useful anyway

Geoff

• cooper
    replied
    Total zombie, I know. Bit my search for 830883 .FRD .ZMA led me here. COVID gave me an opportunity to dip my toes into XSim (finally) and I have a pair of these HDS exclusives and RS28F (NLA) on the shelf so I thought I would see what I might concoct. But, the files Pete posted (thanks Pete, hope all is well w/ you) do not work for me. I opened as text file, and the values don’t make sense to me either. Any chance one of you XSim pros take a look and see if they look weird or work? Thanks for the hand. Tom

Leave a comment:

• captainobvious99
    replied
    Re: FRD and ZMA request for Peerless 830883 and Usher 9950

Merry Christmas.

Ho
    Ho
    Ho.

Traced from Zaph, no diffraction added. Impedance files were traced. Should probably be modified with response modeler.
    :eek:

Pete, you are the man!

Thanks bud !

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied
    Re: FRD and ZMA request for Peerless 830883 and Usher 9950

Originally posted by captainobvious99 View Post
    Before I make a second attempt on these, do any of you already have FRD/ZMA files on the Peerless Exclusive 830883 7" and/or Usher 9950 tweeter? Thanks in advance!

-Steve
    Merry Christmas.

Ho
    Ho
    Ho.

Traced from Zaph, no diffraction added. Impedance files were traced. Should probably be modified with response modeler.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• FRD and ZMA request for Peerless 830883 and Usher 9950

Before I make a second attempt on these, do any of you already have FRD/ZMA files on the Peerless Exclusive 830883 7" and/or Usher 9950 tweeter? Thanks in advance!

-Steve
Working...
X