Center channel kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center channel kits

when i get my taxes i plain on building 2 sets of the TriTrix speakers kits.. but what i can't find is any center channel kits.. i have a Denon avr 591 amp to run it off of.. it is a 120 watts X 5 channels... so i guess what i am looking for is a cabnet that i can hang long way under my 50"samsung plasma.. to me the center speaker is one of the most inportant in the bunch.. all the talking, and most every thing is being played thru it all the time.. seems like you listen to it most. so i would like , like 2 6.5 and maybe 2 4 " one and a nice tweeter.. ans a cross over to make it all work good... so... if any one is good at this.. and could pick me some good spaekers and crossovers... and maybe some cabnets to pick from would be great... Thanks for any help.... i have all the tools i could ever need.. table saw.. routers. 10".compound miter saw.. jig saw.. i am not the greatest with wood.. i have just never really done much.. i work for yamaha as a mech. Thanks agin for any help

Re: Center channel kits

Why not build another tritrix for a center, so it is voice matched to your mains? If you buy a component kit, you can build an MTM center, and then buy another tweeter and the crossover components to use the remaining pair of woofers and tweeter to build MT surrounds.

Comment

Im sure someone on here would buy a spare tri-trix kit......

Comment

I built 5 identical TriTrix for my home theater and have been very pleased with the entire system. I am a believer that the center needs to have a similar sound to the L and R so they will all blend together seemlessly. Which is why I just just used a sealed TriTrix horizontal for my center. I you have a sub I am not sure you would gain much (if anything) by using larger woofers for the center.
        I purchased 3 pair of TriTrix and sold 1 in the classified section on this site.
        Mark
        My TriTrix Build
        My Core 2 Way Build
        My RSS315HF-4 Subwoofer Build

Comment

i was thinking of useing a TriTrix for the center, but it seemed like the cabnet would be way to big to hang on its side.. and would look odd..... i wonder if you could put the guts out of one in a differnt cabnet ? if would sound the same ?

Comment

I'm guessing you're thinking about the TL full kit. We're all referring to building your own sealed or ported enclosure. Curt has them all outlined on his page here. And the MT's are found here. I'm actually planning on building a TL for my front L/R and also my center channel, but I have the space and I just built my TV stand to accommodate the TL on its side.

Comment

Originally posted by 1100xxben View Post
              I'm guessing you're thinking about the TL full kit. We're all referring to building your own sealed or ported enclosure. Curt has them all outlined on his page here. And the MT's are found here. I'm actually planning on building a TL for my front L/R and also my center channel, but I have the space and I just built my TV stand to accommodate the TL on its side.
              Thanks alot.... that is the info i was looking for....you were guessing right..

Comment

I actually have a sealed Tritrix center channel that I'll be looking to sell once I finish my new center channel.

Sorry, terrible photo...

Comment

Lunch beat me to it.....I am looking to sell my ported tritrix center as well....along with Dayton 8 towers....
                  Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

send me a price on the center ones.. i mite be intrested... the black is the color i am going to do mine so it would match... Thanks......

Comment

Originally posted by nottaway View Post
                      Im sure someone on here would buy a spare tri-trix kit......
                      Who says you need a kit? The XO design and everything is in the project showcase. Just assemble a parts list for the individual bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
                        Who says you need a kit? The XO design and everything is in the project showcase. Just assemble a parts list for the individual bits.
                        Well, if you order half of everything in the kit, you'll be spending $104. The full components kit is $120. Granted, if you go w/o the acoustistuff, you can cut it down to $94.

Comment

ya you can get enough for 2 for 119.00... i will just buy the whole kit if i do not buy lunchmoneys center

Comment

What are you doing for surrounds? If you buy a two speaker component kit and some extra parts, you can make a center channel MTM and two surround MTs.

Comment

Originally posted by lunchmoney View Post
                              I actually have a sealed Tritrix center channel that I'll be looking to sell once I finish my new center channel.

Sorry, terrible photo...

Lunch,

I would be interested in your center if millertime passes

Later,
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X